Dutch Shepherd Dog Activities

Read an interesting book lately?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherd Dog Activities

Post by centrop67 »

Dutch Shepherd Dog Activities, Max Abraham, Copyright 2016.

:oops:

I made a mistake in purchasing this book. I don't find it useful, and I suspect that is one of those template books where the author has pasted "Dutch Shepherd Dog" wherever the need arises.

It could have any breed pasted in there.

As soon as I got to the "tissue game" I knew there was something wrong. If I tried that with Radar, I would be without fingers. :duh:

The only positive thing about the book is the picture on the cover which is a DS that looks just like Radar. :wtg:

It's not an expensive book <$12, but it's not worth any amount in my opinion.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Dutch Shepherd Dog Activities

Post by Dutchringgirl »

tissue game???????
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Yeah... "tissue game"?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

It is something like using a tissue or paper towel as a lure and playing keep-away by waving it around.

It's perfect for my mom's Yorkies, but probably not so much with a DS. I think I'd have to break out the welding gloves to start this game.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I think I still have my lacrosse gloves...
Wait...tissue...I remember my hybrid and the huskies all got their jollies by unrolling the toilet paper and teaching though the house with it. There's another tissue game!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

waiving something around with a DS??? Are you looking to loose a hand !!!!!!!

I would do that with my Basset but not with Sadie or Thalie, I like my hand with 10 fingers and no blood
ImageImage
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Hide and go seek is a BLAST.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Duke wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm Hide and go seek is a BLAST.
I cant get far enough away from them to hide
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Hide and seek is a go-to for us.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Hello.... TISSUE game for DS. What they mean by tissue is the tissue your hand is made of. Ha ha ha. Sick nurse joke. 😷🍷
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Joxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:25 am Hello.... TISSUE game for DS. What they mean by tissue is the tissue your hand is made of. Ha ha ha. Sick nurse joke. 😷🍷
You made a funny
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Duke wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:13 am
Joxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:25 am Hello.... TISSUE game for DS. What they mean by tissue is the tissue your hand is made of. Ha ha ha. Sick nurse joke. 😷🍷
You made a funny
:D
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG