Take a look at "Boscoe"

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
bphelps
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs

Take a look at "Boscoe"

Post by bphelps »

Please take a look at this dog.

When we took him to the vet he told us that he appeared to be some part of Dutch Shepherd.
I've done a little research and I know that the ears are totally out of whack but his wedged shaped head, teeth, and other things make me wonder.

He's about 6 mos old and weights 46.5 lbs.

Since that initial visit to the vet, I've received many more opinions (everybody's got one) about his breed including:

1. Dutch Shepherd (vet's opinion)
2. Chesapeake Bay Retriever
3. Doberman Pinscher
4. Irish Wolfhound
5. Mastiff
6. Plott Hound

Anyone's opinion will make no difference in just how much we love this dog, we would just like to know how to answer when owners at the dog park ask about him. I would like to give more than "a Heinz 57".

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Take a look at "Boscoe"

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

They are only saying Dutchie because of the brindle and head shape... Doberman really? lol I don't see Dutchie plot hound mix makes most sense
bphelps
Just Whelped

Post by bphelps »

I sure do hope that you are correct. I would love it if he were a Plott Hound. Short of paying for a silly DNA test...I think that I'll just go with that! Besides, who's going to say that he's NOT a Plott!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Yeah the DNA test are bull anyway
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Good looking boy!!
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
bphelps
Just Whelped

Post by bphelps »

I have just never owned a dog that wasn't easily identified by appearance and behavior. This is also the first dog that I've ever owned with a brindle coat. One thing that I have found is that, when trying to ID a breed with a brindle coat, most people jump to breeds with predominantly, brindle coats! Boscoe's snout is the only reason someone hasn't suggested he's a Boxer!
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

I want him
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

plott hound :wtg: