Geyser Conformation Pics

This area is for the discussion of conformation.
Forum rules
Please post at your own risk. Know that this is not a true conformation show, and that the comments made are based on pictures only and might not be a good reflection of what could be seen in real life. Pictures need to be owned by the poster or used with verifiable permission of the owner. The dog in the submitted picture should be owned OR bred by the poster, OR you should be able to show that you have explict permission from the dogs owner. You may be asked for verification . The admin reserves the right to remove posts when permission cannot be verified. No rights can be derived from these posts.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Geyser Conformation Pics

Post by leih merigian »

I hope these are OK for an assessment. I'm just curious. To me, she is gorgeous :stickman: .

Side View:

Face Profile:

Frontal Face:

Thanks!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: Geyser Conformation Pics

Post by vneerland »

Leih, do you also have a full frontal? (showing chest and legs as well?)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

vneerland wrote:Leih, do you also have a full frontal? (showing chest and legs as well?)
I'll get one if I don't :ugeek:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
dutchringdog
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Post by dutchringdog »

She is gorgeous!!!
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
http://www.designsbyclyne.com
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

leih merigian wrote:
vneerland wrote:Leih, do you also have a full frontal? (showing chest and legs as well?)
Here we go...not sure which one is better, as they're both probably not great :mrgreen:

leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

dutchringdog wrote:She is gorgeous!!!
Thanks, Lisa. I know I'm biased, but I love her looks. I thought she'd be more black with gold stripes, like her mother, but I love her coloring and her face and everything else :yernuts:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I don't think that any of the pups from that litter ever looked like puppies.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Leih,

For a female she is stocky, the other females I have been around are finer built. I also noticed that she has a shorter wheelbase than most. I love her faces on the front pictures, and her color is cool.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Leih,

For a female she is stocky, the other females I have been around are finer built. I also noticed that she has a shorter wheelbase than most. I love her faces on the front pictures, and her color is cool.
Lisa, what do you mean by wheelbase?

thanks!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
dutchringdog
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Post by dutchringdog »

the distance between her front and back paws. My gals are sooo long. She has a nice short back.
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
http://www.designsbyclyne.com
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

dutchringdog wrote:the distance between her front and back paws. My gals are sooo long. She has a nice short back.

Oh...thanks for the definition! I'm very glad to hear that, as the longer backs are hell on agility dogs, and compared to her competition, she's already got quite a long back as it is.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I am going to measure my gals, just to see. In horses, the shorter backs are better too, I would think that would be better in all animals. I was looking at my girls this morning and Sadies legs already look a bit taller than Thalies. It would be interesting to see the different dimensions in them as well. When I did agility with Thalie, I couldnt keep up with her, she was so darn fast.
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Dutchringgirl wrote:When I did agility with Thalie, I couldnt keep up with her, she was so darn fast.
Oh, I'd never be able to keep up with Geyser, either. She kind of just thinks of where she wants to go and then just appears there :lol: .

Distance handling will be my salvation :mrgreen:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

[quote="leih merigian"

Oh, I'd never be able to keep up with Geyser, either. She kind of just thinks of where she wants to go and then just appears there :lol: .

[/quote]

HAHA thats too funny!!!
ImageImage
k9ssa-boss
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am president of a nonprofit k9 company, we train and donate dogs to police departments and also train and deploy search and rescue dog teams.

Post by k9ssa-boss »

Pleae explain what you are looking for, you mentioned measureing, remember, I am used to labs and bloodhounds. The dutch line is new to me.