Is Addie a Dutch Shepherd ?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
IamOut2020
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I've recently rescued a wonderful 9 month female from a shelter and training has been great. This is the first rescue dog that I've had and I have no regrest

Is Addie a Dutch Shepherd ?

Post by IamOut2020 »

I rescued Addie from a Shelter and am glad that I did. She was owner surrendered. Wonderful dog and really intelligent, learns quickly. Her coat is water proof and although she appears black in photos there is some lighter brownish color brindle markings seen best in sunlight. She is about 23" at shoulder and 55 lbs. She is approximately 11 months old. If not kept occupied she will find something to do and it usually isn't good (for me). Dutch Shepherd ??
Attachments
20170903_203812.jpg
20170903_203812.jpg (733.94 KiB) Viewed 2736 times
IamOut2020
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I've recently rescued a wonderful 9 month female from a shelter and training has been great. This is the first rescue dog that I've had and I have no regrest

Re: Is Addie a Dutch Shepherd ?

Post by IamOut2020 »

Additional photos of Addie
Attachments
addie3.jpg
addie3.jpg (330.17 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
addie2.jpg
addie2.jpg (82.72 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
addie1.jpg
addie1.jpg (356.86 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
addie.jpg
addie.jpg (490.28 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

she looks a little heavy boned at first glance. But, she's only 11 mos. From the pics and your description, I'd say GSD/Black Lab. I've seen some lines that have the white blaze, but usually not that wide. Don't bother with any DNA test or anything- they're all BS. Enjoy your dog! Train him and keep him busy! There's a lot of good info recorded here that can be useful to you.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I don't see dutchie... gsd lab maybe even pitbull
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

TimL_168 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 am she looks a little heavy boned at first glance. But, she's only 11 mos. From the pics and your description, I'd say GSD/Black Lab. I've seen some lines that have the white blaze, but usually not that wide. Don't bother with any DNA test or anything- they're all BS. Enjoy your dog! Train him and keep him busy! There's a lot of good info recorded here that can be useful to you.
Listen to this man, they're total BS. The genomes simply aren't recorded and studied the same way humans are. Don't believe me, buy a test kit put your own saliva on it and see what dog breeds you are :lol:

My mother is apparently a lab, boxer, GSD mix :lol:
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

yeah, i dont see any DS here either. but what a cutie
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage