Hello from Central California

For our new members to introduce themselves
JP831
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a retired Police Officer of 23 years in Central California. I have been training dogs since my teenage years. I am currently working a 2 year old Dutchie named Jax. I train once a week with other local Police Officers who want to train outside of their mandatory department training. Jax is my first DS.

Hello from Central California

Post by JP831 »

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and the DS world. I have an awesome 2 year old male named Jax. I am currently on a project to find his DNA bloodline. He came to me from a friend who could not keep him anymore due to moving out of state and could not locate his paperwork during the move.

My question is, can someone point me in the right direction to research his ear tattoo and possibly get a REAL DNA bloodline test other than the ones located on the internet that will tell me that Jax is in fact a DS.

Thanks,

-Joey
Attachments
Jax.jpg
Jax.jpg (576.71 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Hello from Central California

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

The tattoo won’t show anything... there’s no registry for that... that comes from the breeder and the number is just their system and could be anyone... dna text isn’t needed as you can see clearly he’s a dutch shepherd... dna text won’t tell you his pedigree... unless you find out who the dog was bred by and contact them there’s no telling... who did your friend get the dog from and how’d that person acquire the dog... those are the only people you’ll learn anything from
JP831
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a retired Police Officer of 23 years in Central California. I have been training dogs since my teenage years. I am currently working a 2 year old Dutchie named Jax. I train once a week with other local Police Officers who want to train outside of their mandatory department training. Jax is my first DS.

Post by JP831 »

Thanks for the reply Steve. The vendor who supplied Jax (his original name was Bishop), is now out of business. They were located in northern California. Jax is KNPV and has partial training in French Ring. I was hoping for some sort of registry to get some background on him.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

You’ll need that info from that guy or you pretty much wont be able to find anything... What do you mean by he is knpv? He has a ph1 or ph2? Or are you saying his bloodlines are knpv? if He has a ph1 or ph2 then he’ll have a BRN number and you can find his pedigree easy.... pretty much unless you contact the importer There’s no way to tell without the info on who his parents were or a Brn number
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thalie has an ear tattoo and it is her birthday and I forget what else but its in her book. With out a book or breeder there is no way of knowing
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

Good morning Steve,
The way I understand this through our new vendor our Department gets our working dogs from, they are KNPV trained in PH1 and PH2 guidelines,but our not titled in civilian competition. Jax was purchased through the old vendor that is now out of business. I was hoping the ear Tattoo would provide some clues, but obviously not.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

JP831 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm Good morning Steve,
The way I understand this through our new vendor our Department gets our working dogs from, they are KNPV trained in PH1 and PH2 guidelines,but our not titled in civilian competition. Jax was purchased through the old vendor that is now out of business. I was hoping the ear Tattoo would provide some clues, but obviously not.
If he had the ph1 or 2 you could easily find a brn number... if you know who the old vendor is maybe find a way to contact him or possibly the department has a record of where the dog came from
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 pm
If he had the ph1 or 2 you could easily find a brn number... if you know who the old vendor is maybe find a way to contact him or possibly the department has a record of where the dog came from
[/quote]

Thank you Steve for your time and reply. I will try again with the old vendor company again. I tried earlier this summer and never received a VM or email return. I will post his tattoo info tonight to see if anyone recognizes it.

-Joey
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

Jax
Attachments
Jax1.jpg
Jax1.jpg (454.63 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

And his original name was Bishop when delivered form the vendor and it was changed to Jax. More info to come as I get it. Hahaha
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

And the tattoo in his right ear is KD21... This familiar to anyone??
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

Jax (Bishop)
Attachments
Jax2.jpg
Jax2.jpg (305.69 KiB) Viewed 2963 times
JP831
Just Whelped

Post by JP831 »

Jax (Bishop)
Attachments
Jax3.jpg
Jax3.jpg (272.18 KiB) Viewed 2963 times