Finding my DS’s former owners- a rescue

Kenda
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi from Oklahoma! I have 2 outstanding Dutchies, a snarly dachshund, and 3 horses! I love long walks on the beach.. oops wrong kind of about section! ;) Seriouslyy though, I'm kinda new to the breed, just about a year, and we love taking our animals on trips, hiking, etc.

Finding my DS’s former owners- a rescue

Post by Kenda »

Hi! I’m new to the forum! I recently rescued a DS male, and he is outstanding! I already have a female. He is the epitome of amazing. He’s completely trained, up to and including all bitework. His commands are in German. He’s about 4-6 years old. I’m trying to find his former owners. He obviously had a lot of work put into him, he is intact, and he IS chipped ( no answer at anytime on the number registered), I don’t want to give him up, although I will, if he was stolen. I just want to find his history. He was found near Houston, but his chip is out of Ontario Canada. Has anyone heard of a big, beautiful male Dutch going missing or stolen? Any help would be great!
Kenda/mom/pack leader
Mike/OH/pack leader mate
Lovie/snarly 7 year old dachschund who sleeps, eats, pees, and snarls
Shadow/ gorgeous 9 month old puppy Dutch Shepherd female
Max/newest pack member, 4-6 year old male Dutch Shepherd
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Finding my DS’s former owners- a rescue

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

When I first saw your post I remembered that there was a Sheriff's K9 that went missing in Texas, and I wondered if this might be Rayco.

However, that was in Wise County which I believe is closer to Dallas than Houston.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Kenda
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi from Oklahoma! I have 2 outstanding Dutchies, a snarly dachshund, and 3 horses! I love long walks on the beach.. oops wrong kind of about section! ;) Seriouslyy though, I'm kinda new to the breed, just about a year, and we love taking our animals on trips, hiking, etc.

Post by Kenda »

Thank you! I actually checked into that dog as well. My guy isn’t him. It just seems very odd to me that an intact dog, as incredibly well trained, well mannered, with extensive bite work training (we are working to discover additional talents) and chipped would be surrendered or let loose. It’s going to cost me thousands to give Shadow the training that Max already has in his left paw! Who would spend that kind of time and money then give him up? It just doesn’t make sense to me.
Kenda/mom/pack leader
Mike/OH/pack leader mate
Lovie/snarly 7 year old dachschund who sleeps, eats, pees, and snarls
Shadow/ gorgeous 9 month old puppy Dutch Shepherd female
Max/newest pack member, 4-6 year old male Dutch Shepherd
Mcasseljr
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Proud Dad Of A Czech Working Dog!!! Avid Hiker, Runner and Dog Lover!!!

Post by Mcasseljr »

Hi kenda,

Check your PM 🙏
Thank you