Age/Activity Levels

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Age/Activity Levels

Post by oddbird »

Hey guys!

I was curious as to what age your DS’s activity level/rambunctiousness peaked? Not having any issues, just wondering! Funny anecdotes to support your case is always appreciated :lol:
Bird & Henry (Long-hair DS): Figuring out this working dog life together
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Age/Activity Levels

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Never, sadie has been going 100 miles an hour from the day we got her at 12 weeks and she is now 8
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
oddbird
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently adopted a rescue that we have been told is a shepherd of some sort. He has totally disrupted our lives and I am loving every minute of it!

Post by oddbird »

Sadie is 8 and her energy still on the rise? :shock:
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oddbird wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 am Sadie is 8 and her energy still on the rise? :shock:
No, It was at 100% when I got her, and its still 100%
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

Karma actually turns 2 today and she's beginning to slow down. She actually sit still for about 8 seconds I believe earlier and let me get a birthday picture and now she's been pacing the floors and yard ever since lol.. these dogs are like energizer batteries I believe
Attachments
MVIMG_20180402_214941_crop_495x464.jpg
MVIMG_20180402_214941_crop_495x464.jpg (164.31 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
oddbird
Green Dog

Post by oddbird »

Wes Thomas wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:38 pm Karma actually turns 2 today and she's beginning to slow down. She actually sit still for about 8 seconds I believe earlier and let me get a birthday picture and now she's been pacing the floors and yard ever since lol.. these dogs are like energizer batteries I believe

What a pretty girl!

My little guy is 5ish months and his energy level has been completely manageable for me so far. Granted, we are constantly doing things together when I am not at work. Yesterday, I let him follow his nose while we were out on a walk and he led me to a snake skin. He looked so proud of himself! I wish I had gotten a picture.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

oddbird wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm
Wes Thomas wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:38 pm e He looked so proud of himself! I wish I had gotten a picture.
Awesome!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Webbie2160
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have two dutchies one 2yr old female and a 12 week old Male. We are involved in several different dog sports and would love to find a PSA club in AZ

Post by Webbie2160 »

Kilo went from 110% all the time to finally getting some wits about her just as she is about to turn two, energy level is still high she just thinks things through more.