My dog saved my life

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
RSmead
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Robert Smead, I have been looking into a shepherd for a few months now and when I went to a shelter hoping to find a GSD I fell in love with a 9 m/o that I believe to be a DS

My dog saved my life

Post by RSmead »

Hey all, it’s been a really rough couple of days. I went through a breakup with a girl I’ve beeb in love with for 4 years and that triggered some dark thoughts. I ended up in the ER for ideation but I am doing better. As to how this relates to DS, the thing that really pulled me out of it was the thought of my dog and the fact that she wouldn’t understand if I didn’t come home one day. I think people underestimate the impact dogs have when it comes to mental health so if any of you are going through anything like I was know that if no one else you are loved by your dog and you are the bestest hooman in their eyes. You are never truly alone. I know this is heavy but I also want to let you know if you’re struggling you have someone to talk to and an ally in me. I offer a safe space to come and talk without the fear of judgement. You are never. Alone.
Robert - The pack; Raven - Labrador mix (Part Time), Eos DS pupper (full time)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: My dog saved my life

Post by centrop67 »

Thank you for sharing Robert. It's difficult sometimes to be so open, but if it helps one other person in some small way then it is well worth it.

We're glad you're here, and looking forward to seeing more pictures of Eos and hearing stories of a DS that we can all probably relate to.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Thank you for sharing ! Yes, dogs are healers for us if we allow them to be. They have been there for me too, to hold and cry. Horses too.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Sent ya a PM
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor