In need of a forever home in NEPA

MrSlaghoopil
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Joining to try and find a new home for my brothers dog, i recognize that this breed is not any old breed so i figured reaching out to a community of owners would be the best way to find her the best possible home

In need of a forever home in NEPA

Post by MrSlaghoopil »

Hey everyone,
Long story short- my brother got himself in some trouble and wont be around for awhile and unfortunately no one in my immediate family can take his dog in. She is still fairly young (guessing 2-3 years old) and I believe my mother has her paperwork and (possibly) vet records. I realized this isn't just any old breed so I figured I'd reach out to a community of owners who know and love the breed to try and find her a new home. We have all the general supplies that would go with her (crate, bowls, toys, etc) but it does appear she would have to go to a home where she is the only pet. If anyone is interested please don't hesitate to contact me for photos or any other information.

Thanks!
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: In need of a forever home in NEPA

Post by borellar15 »

Sorry to hear that. I’m assuming it’s a Dutch shepherd. You might try the North American dutch shepherd rescue. Otherwise more information might help you find a new home for your brothers dog. Where are you located? Does she have prior training etc. pictures help too. There’s a lot of good people here that may be able to help steer you in the right direction if you can provide more information. Help us help you.

http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I would like to reiterate what Borellar15 said.
borellar15 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:07 pm ...more information might help you find a new home for your brothers dog.
Also there's a Facebook group Belgian Malinois and Dutch Shepherd Rescue and Rehome that can also help.

If you provide a few more details including contact information (you can PM them to me) I will share this on the DSF Facebook Page. If you're not on Facebook, I can share to the other group as well.

Please let us know.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Your best bet is NADSR.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage