Any help identifying this precious girl?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
Calepria
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Mom and partner with two young boys. We've got one cat and recently received a mystery pup. She looks just like a ds to me!

Any help identifying this precious girl?

Post by Calepria »

We adopted this girl on April fool's day. They said her mother was lab, they didn't seem to be so sure about the father however ImageImageImageImage they said perhaps boxer and German Shepherd. The more I look at her the more I absolutely do not see any boxer. I'm starting to think they assumed she was a mix of a German shepherd and a breed with a brindle coat. her ears aren't standing up but they are very small. She has no dew claws in the back. I think she's nearly eight weeks old.

P.s. sorry about the weird picture placement. This is my first time using this site.
Calepria
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Mom and partner with two young boys. We've got one cat and recently received a mystery pup. She looks just like a ds to me!

Re: Any help identifying this precious girl?

Post by Calepria »

Better photo of brindle pattern.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

she is super cute but looks pretty young. is she still with her mom or do you have her? As far as breed. who knows, brindle is in so many breeds.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Calepria
Just Whelped

Post by Calepria »

She's at least 8 weeks, has all her baby teeth. when we took her to the vet they agreed that was about how old she was. I think she was the runt of the litter. She's not with Mom, I have her.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

oh, ok, she is so tiny. I want to snuggle with her
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Calepria
Just Whelped

Post by Calepria »

She is so snuggly and so smart! She's already obeying simple commands and is always lets me know when she needs to go potty.I was attacked by dogs when I was little, so this is a big undertaking for me. It's hard not to fall in love with this girl though.