New IPO1

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

New IPO1

Post by Brindle »

Despite some crazey trial nerves from this first time handler :eew:
" Team Force " managed to keep their act together and earnt their IPO1 title July 23rd at the WDSA ( Working Dutch Shepherd Association ) trial hosted by Cascade Dutch Shepherd Club in WA
:cheer:
We also received exciting news from the President of the WDSA ( Les Flores ) : " In the Dutch Shepherd front. Jenny Thorp and Force are now the first Dutch Shepherd to have earned a title under the WDSA "

We're thrilled to say the least .....
ok, I'm thrilled .....
Force , well he was wondering why 'Mom' was freaked out :dsroll:
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Re: New IPO1

Post by Schlussdibusti »

:balloons: :party1: :party2: :cheer: :music1: :music2: :music3: :wave:
CONGRATULATION!!! :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Absolutely congrats!!!!!

We had a mal title at our trial, but you certainly are the first Dutch. And weren't you the first Dutch to get your BH as well???

Certainly many things to be proud of!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Congratulations, Jenny and Force. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD

Post by Brindle »

Thankyou everyone.
Still seems amazing that we did it.
Christie M wrote:
And weren't you the first Dutch to get your BH as well???

Certainly many things to be proud of!
:mrgreen: Yes, you are correct.
I'm very very happy.
We've got years of fun training and trials ahead of us.

Sure hope I learn to handle my trial nerves so I can be a better part of "Team Force".
How do you experienced trialers do it ?
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

woohooo! :yeah:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Way to go!!!

As far as trial nerves go, you'll probably always have some of that going on. It's the adrenalin coursing thru your system.

Beyond a certain amount, tho, it's not helpful at all, is it? It's a mental game you have to play with yourself, rehearsing positive outcomes rather than negative ones, etc. (E.g., how much did you picture what you'd do, or could do, wrong before the trial? Instead, you actively see yourself doing everything right, etc. It really works.)

Anyway, you certainly overcame any jitters! Great job!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Christie M »

Brindle wrote: How do you experienced trialers do it ?
Oh my gosh, its so easy.

I eat an egg McMuffin the morning of every trial.

I throw up before walking on the field and always curse my decision not to have fruit.

I then pray that my dog will bite during obedience (decoys are on the field in PSA) cause everyone always admires that dog. If not, I hope she poops on the field so that I could laugh and proceed with no stress.

When my dog really pisses me off and successfully gets to a point when I really want to pass, i'm at such a point of amusement and having fun that I can't stop smiling and that positive energy passes to her.
Christie Meyer

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Brindle
Green Dog

Post by Brindle »

Christie M wrote:
Oh my gosh, its so easy.

I throw up before walking on the field and always curse my decision not to have fruit.

I then pray that my dog will bite during obedience (decoys are on the field in PSA) cause everyone always admires that dog. If not, I hope she poops on the field so that I could laugh and proceed with no stress.

When my dog really pisses me off and successfully. Gets to a point when I really want to pass i'm at such a point of amusement and having fun that I can't stop smiling and that positive energy passes to her.

OMG Christie :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was hilarious !!!!
I may just have to print that and read it as I get ready to step on to the field at my next trial. Bound to help me out :g_wink:

Thankyou for sharing !

Brindle
Green Dog

Post by Brindle »

leih merigian wrote:Way to go!!!

As far as trial nerves go, you'll probably always have some of that going on. It's the adrenalin coursing thru your system.

Beyond a certain amount, tho, it's not helpful at all, is it? It's a mental game you have to play with yourself, rehearsing positive outcomes rather than negative ones, etc. (E.g., how much did you picture what you'd do, or could do, wrong before the trial? Instead, you actively see yourself doing everything right, etc. It really works.)

Anyway, you certainly overcame any jitters! Great job!
You're right, not helpful at all !!!
I didn't picture anything. Too freaked out to even think. Not good to be in a state of terror.
No idea why. This is supposed to be fun.
Maybe a liquid breakfast next time ???? :pint: :mrgreen:
Force truely did an amazing job considering his handlers issues.

Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

Christie M wrote:
Oh my gosh, its so easy.

When my dog really pisses me off and successfully. Gets to a point when I really want to pass i'm at such a point of amusement and having fun that I can't stop smiling and that positive energy passes to her.

Didn't one of your dogs poop a pair of panties on the field?? :bum:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Christie M wrote:Oh my gosh, its so easy...
You are just too freakin' funny for words! :lol: :lol: :lol:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Christie M »

Kristie Elliott wrote: Didn't one of your dogs poop a pair of panties on the field?? :bum:
NO!!!

She pooped on the field....more than once.

And she pooped out a thong in front of many people while we were breaking dogs before a trial. Many, many people. All men.

But she didn't poop out panties on the field. I think its a very clear distinction. LOL!!!
Christie Meyer

Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

LOL OMG that is hilarious!!!

Yes, a very clear distinction!
Sue (and Sugar)

Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

OMG! :dsshock:
Eva & Marco BH