Object Guard

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Re: Object Guard

Post by GSDNanny »

Check this out! My close friend's dog, Tracer.
Attachments
tracer guard the article.jpg
tracer guard the article.jpg (383.98 KiB) Viewed 2075 times

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Okay! You can keep the box!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Yeah.....not going near that one !!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I was going to play with this one, then I remembered I had already taught them "up". I then told them to "Stay" and backed away. They dont know to guard it though, havent taught them "guard" but Thalie knows how to bark on command.

The mysterious tail in both pictures is my parents Basset Hound. She just waits for the treat.
Attachments
Sadie
Sadie
IMG00560-20111107-1545.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Thalie
Thalie
IMG00559-20111107-1543.jpg (80.89 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

nice! Now teach Sadie to bark on command,. You can easily combine by sending on the object, and giving the bark command after she steps on the "box" If she gets of the box while barking, stand closer to her, help her stay on the box and bark, rewarding after just one or two barks at first. Always reward on the box. Than start moving one step backwards while barking, stepping back immediately to reward on the box. Now you can go on like ths untill you can walk anywhere while the dogs stays on the box.
It makes it easier to "guard" if you can pretend to get the reward out of the box. You can even hide a ball in it, but only if this doesn't make your dog start to demolish the box :D

ow, almost forgot, I would train this while the other dogs are away, one at a time ;) It could end in a fight if they really start to guard the box ;)
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Marjolein wrote:ow, almost forgot, I would train this while the other dogs are away, one at a time ;) It could end in a fight if they really start to guard the box ;)
Good thinking.

Now that the cold weather is starting, this could be something to keep the dogs busy inside.