What's Everyone Feed?

Dietary/feeding issues
Rob C
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in Washington state, and I'm just trying to find out about the Dutch Shepherd breed and thought this might be a good place to start.

Re: What's Everyone Feed?

Post by Rob C »

I've fed my previous dogs Blue Buffalo, Life's Abundance, and Merrick's. They really like it, and they did REALLY good on it.
Rob C
Vancouver, WA
Starlight Pilot
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I used top be terrified of dogs as a kid. But I met a German Shepherd named Sheba and have been into dogs since I was 12, now I'm 32 and have successfully handled many of all sizes, breeds and temperaments. I titled my first dog Sport, a mixed breed, in agility and then got into schutzhund. I got to work with working bred GSDs and loved them. After Sport died I was offered a young Dutch Shepherd named Allie (short for alligator!). I adopted her and fell in love with the breed. I rescued several Dutchies after that and then Allie was killed tragically by irresponsible veterinary staff. About 4 months later I rescued a pathetic emaciated 1 yr old Dutchie named "Phantom". With just some food, water and love he sprang from his listless phantom self and I named him Logan. Now he is my 8 yr old hardcore PITA!!!! :D

Re: What's Everyone Feed?

Post by Starlight Pilot »

I feed raw as well...all the dutchies I have ever had/rescued were gluten intolerant...even did poorly on the best commercial kibbles...but I never tried the grain free ones, I figured if I was going to spend that much money I should just feed raw.