Is Spud a Dutch Shepherd.

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
fincho
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I seem to have collected 5 dogs A huge white Boxer,A terrier,a pointer,a Yorkshire terrier and the last of which is 5 mths old and he looks very much like a Dutch Shepherd with similar markings.I live in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus although I am British.I love animals and see my dogs as real family members.I would like to join the forum and see what people think about our newest member Spud and whether the forum members think he is a DS.

Is Spud a Dutch Shepherd.

Post by fincho »

My name is Jo and I rescued Spud in Cyprus where i live,although I am British.He is 5 mths old,not neutered with a good nature,tons of energy and a very deep loud bark.It was like measuring jelly but he is roughly 25 inches tall from his back to the floor and 37 ish inches from his nose to the base of his tail.He weighs 57.3lbs. He has a Shepherd stance when he barks.Does anyone think he is a Dutch Shepherd? Would appreciate any input. Thanks.
spud 1.jpg
spud 3.jpg
spud 2.jpg
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Is Spud a Dutch Shepherd.

Post by ICE »

His head and snout is a little to wide to be full DS but he looks to have some in him. He is awful handsome!
Patty and Ice
fincho
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I seem to have collected 5 dogs A huge white Boxer,A terrier,a pointer,a Yorkshire terrier and the last of which is 5 mths old and he looks very much like a Dutch Shepherd with similar markings.I live in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus although I am British.I love animals and see my dogs as real family members.I would like to join the forum and see what people think about our newest member Spud and whether the forum members think he is a DS.

Post by fincho »

You are right.He is a good looking lad.Thanks for the info.
MultiPurposeK9
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Multipurpose trainer

Post by MultiPurposeK9 »

Sorry No, I see no Dutch Shepherd there.
Roger
Consistency + Repetition = Predictability
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

I see brindle but I don't see DS. Something in his face reminds me a bit of Dane... but as for the mix I am not sure.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
cordeliandemon
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: owner of a male Dutch Shepherd and female Alaskan Malamute

Post by cordeliandemon »

oddly i was thinking great dane in there somewhere too, could be the muzzle, ear shape and skin droop in the corner of the eyes. dane, pitbull (from the head shape, would account for the brindle too) , and something else in there
Sadhbh (pronounced "Sive", its an irish name) -
Demon (dutch shepherd)
Koda (alaskan malamute)
Sidney (collie/springer spaniel)- R.I.P
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Post by brindledog »

No idea about DS, but your dog is def part Great Dane. The face, body and size at the age you have stated- GD.