Hello all!

For our new members to introduce themselves
Wigglingoose
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: We are a small livestock farm with working LGD and are looking to add DS to our farm for herding.

Hello all!

Post by Wigglingoose »

Howdy!

Thank you for allowing us to become part of the DS community, We would like to introduce ourselves. :)

We are a small slowly expanding farm in Western Kentucky. We have Chickens, Goats, Sheep and LGD's currently. We have become interested in the Dutch Shepherd breed due to their versatility and their history as a working and herding breed.

We are interested in the FCI bloodlines as we feel that KNPV are amazingly suited for their line of work, but without actively maintaining a pure DS bloodline their heritage may be lost to history.

We would like to make connections and learn more about this beautiful and amazing breed and are looking forward to finding the right fit for us on the farm.

Sincerely,
Dustin and Brittany Wiggins
Dustin & Brittany Wiggins,
Apache & Bailey LGD's,
Lots of goats, sheep and chickens...
Live and love life!!!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hello all!

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum.

FCI means most likely having to import from Europe, and I believe even FCI dogs had to be reinforced with Mal/GSD in the 1940s or 1950s. I am open to correction if someone knows different.

That said, even pure FCI dogs can have the traits of the KNPV dogs - what I call seriousness.

You're going to have success by working with a good breeder who understands what you're looking for and is not in it just for the money (See the post on researching a breeder).

I'd love to hear how your search goes, and I think the rest of the members would too.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers