Hello...I might be back

For our new members to introduce themselves
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Hello...I might be back

Post by Dutchringgirl »

well, from what you have said so far, she seems ok, but if she is a DS I would make sure you find a trainer that knows the breed. She seems to have a good foundation but its up to you to make sure she keeps it. When I was training horses, the higher caliber the horse, the more the rider should know. Same here, you have to be up to her level, and know more than she does so you can be 100 steps ahead of her.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Totally Dutch Shepherd all the way in the video !
Tim
strongfirstmom
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Mom of 3 kiddos. Originally from upstate NY now in NJ suburbs. Just adopted a 1 year old female DS mix.

Post by strongfirstmom »

I'll try to get a video of her once she is here. I also just ordered the Wisdom DNA kit. I like to know what I'm dealing with.

I'm honestly not that concerned about keeping her well exercised and mentally stimulated. I'm a very active person and I will keep her busy. She will be with me most of the time and will have little alone time at home. My biggest concern is her interactions with my kids, primarily my 6 year old son. But she seemed to favor him on first meeting. She doesn't have a history of being reactive and she is calm indoors. We'll see. I appreciate your feedback, guys!