Hi

For our new members to introduce themselves
Laplaiefier
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are a good reflection of their owners?
LOL I must be hardheaded and stubborn.
I guess before and after results with dogs tend to show the effort put into them.

Hi

Post by Laplaiefier »

We are new to dutchies. Not new to dogs.
I have to admit, Rocket is the biggest challenge ever.
Compared to a Siberian Huskey that spent an entire year out in his back yard after his owners figured there was no controling him, the husky was a walk in the park to train.
Rocket has little to nothing that threatens him, has a high pain tolerance and charges anything that scares him. Whacking him with the paper intensifies him, has a nickname of Mr. Bitey (from family), is stubborn, devious, smart and is always ready to blast off.

Sheesh....he's less than 5 months old!
That being said, he is coming around.
He has a side to him that is perceptive, inquisitive and at the end of the day its time to snuggle.

This has got to be the weirdest dog ever. :DSangel:

We could never give him up... :D
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Hi

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Sounds like you need a good dog trainer... you keep hitting him with the paper and one day hes gonna turn on you! Alot of dutchies are handler aggressive with unfair corrections!
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you finally got through all the password issues.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Laplaiefier
Puppy
I guess before and after results with dogs tend to show the effort put into them.

Post by Laplaiefier »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:14 pm Sounds like you need a good dog trainer... you keep hitting him with the paper and one day hes gonna turn on you! Alot of dutchies are handler aggressive with unfair corrections!
I mostly whacked him once for getting his attention while in a berserk episode and just to see what he would do. He enjoyed it. :eek:

My first dog was almost as bad. Being enlightened by my first experiences with training before that, I invested a good deal of time into a 4 foot high stack of books from everything from dog psychology to Schutzhund. This all boiled down to two of the best things I've found. David Dikeman's "Command Performance", Schutzhund and experience. And yes there is nothing like experience.
There is one thing I have found in life that no matter how smart I think I might be, there is always something to learn from the guy that does that specific job day in and day out.

Yep I could use a few pointers from a trainer like that even though my target result may be different.

Thanks for your post... :)
Laplaiefier
Puppy

Post by Laplaiefier »

Just a note to say that Dutchies seem to be that wolfie side of intelligent dog breed. Some things you have to teach most dogs, they seem to have built in by instinct. Some great. Some not so great.
Rocket is really starting to fit into wanting to be a part of the pack.
As Yoda would say, "CONTROL young padawan. You must learn control"
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

It just takes time mine is now 10 months old and was a real pain in the backside,but with good training and time she is becoming a really special dog. We have a way to go but I’m now sure she will be a very good dog. Jay
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:14 pm Sounds like you need a good dog trainer... you keep hitting him with the paper and one day hes gonna turn on you! Alot of dutchies are handler aggressive with unfair corrections!
Yeah, why are you hitting him???
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Ha STEVE, there are some DS owners who need a good whack with the paper. This is Not directed at the OP. Lol.
Grab your drink not your pearls here.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG