Hi, new member here

For our new members to introduce themselves
Juststellar
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dog training, particularly IGP is pretty much my lifestyle, alongside CaniSports. I have been working my young male dobermann in IGP for a year and a half and am now looking to train another dog in IGP for competition (considering a DH). I’m based in the UK

Hi, new member here

Post by Juststellar »

Hi all, rather than lurking I thought I would introduce myself. I am based in the UK and seriously considering getting a Dutch shepherd as my next working dog (for competing in IGP and dog sled sports). I have been learning and training in IGP for just over a year and it has pretty much become life. I already have a pet Dobermann who I train in IGP and we also canicross. He has been a great learner dog for the sport (he is also my first dog) but the time has come to start training another alongside him and hopefully compete with. I have a great club and trainer I work with who believes the breed is for me, so I am proceeding to learn all I can and decide if he is indeed correct. I hope this is the best place to do so 😊
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Hi, new member here

Post by Tim91118 »

Welcome. With your trainers help, you should get some exposure to them since you’re training in IGP.
Tim
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Welcome, where in the UK are you. Jay
Juststellar
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Dog training, particularly IGP is pretty much my lifestyle, alongside CaniSports. I have been working my young male dobermann in IGP for a year and a half and am now looking to train another dog in IGP for competition (considering a DH). I’m based in the UK

Post by Juststellar »

Jay knowles wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:32 am Welcome, where in the UK are you. Jay
Thank you. I’m located in the South East. There are a lot of Belgian shepherds at the club and in the sport but I have not personally come across the Dutch herder, yet.

I will be training in the Netherlands shortly so I am going to use it as an opportunity to have a look at the breed as they seem much more popular there.
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

You will see some outstanding specimens. There are some good breeders there.
Tim
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

Juststellar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:23 am
Jay knowles wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:32 am Welcome, where in the UK are you. Jay
Thank you. I’m located in the South East. There are a lot of Belgian shepherds at the club and in the sport but I have not personally come across the Dutch herder, yet.

I will be training in the Netherlands shortly so I am going to use it as an opportunity to have a look at the breed as they seem much more popular there.
I'm in the Bromley area of Kent so south east also. My dog is mostly herder crossed with mal. Just posted a couple of her lattest pictures. Thanks Jay
Juststellar
Just Whelped

Post by Juststellar »

I'm in the Bromley area of Kent so south east also. My dog is mostly herder crossed with mal. Just posted a couple of her lattest pictures. Thanks Jay
[/quote]

Ah, not too far from me as I’m also in Kent 😊 I think they are stunning dogs and I hope to have great success with the breed if I do end up choosing a Dutch shepherd puppy.