New member just saying Hi

For our new members to introduce themselves
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New to Dutch Shepherd life. Adopted Mercy from a rescue on May 8th, 2020. She was born on January 22, 2020. Labeled by rescue as a Dutch Shepherd mix. The more we get to know her, and learn about DS, the more we see this is most definitely true!

New member just saying Hi

Post by Miss Mercy »

:DSorange: Adopted Mercy from a resuce on May 8th. She was born Jan 22, 2020. Was told she is a Dutch Shepherd mix so read up a bit on them and the more we learn about Mercy, the more we see she is definitely a DS. Just sent in DNA text to see just what she is made of.
Karen - human mom
Attachments
16 weeks
16 weeks
20200525_193349.jpg (130.42 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
17 weeks old
17 weeks old
20200525_193324.jpg (51.07 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
Mercy, 17 weeks. Loves being outside!
Mercy, 17 weeks. Loves being outside!
20200525_192739.jpg (63.49 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
Miss Mercy's mommy
bigbear123
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dapper-April 2016
Stryker- June 2017
Big Bear-August 2018

Re: New member just saying Hi

Post by bigbear123 »

She's a pretty girl, have fun! Interesting white/gray splotch on her muzzle. What's she weighing?
AJL
A girl and her dogs
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: New to Dutch Shepherd life. Adopted Mercy from a rescue on May 8th, 2020. She was born on January 22, 2020. Labeled by rescue as a Dutch Shepherd mix. The more we get to know her, and learn about DS, the more we see this is most definitely true!

Post by Miss Mercy »

She is currently 27 pounds at 17 weeks. I thought that seems smaller for a DS as we try to determine what she could be mixed with but I have been reading about weights and getting so many different answers that it doesn't seem to help. I love her little white splotch, although it took more then a few days to stop trying to 'wipe off 'whatever was on her nose! Lol.
Miss Mercy's mommy
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

That weight is good for her age, and she should make 55/60 pounds by adulthood.
Nice pup and welcome.
Tim
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped

Post by Miss Mercy »

Great! Thank you!
Miss Mercy's mommy
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

She is so cute.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped

Post by Miss Mercy »

We think so too! We're having a blast with her. Training has been so easy as she is so smart. (Except for heel...that one is taking some time)!
Miss Mercy's mommy
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

I had some help getting Bramble to heel from folks her. Holding a toy under my arm, something she could focus on, worked. She suddenly understood where to be.

Though we don't do a full competition style heel as Bramble has to "work" while heeling.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped

Post by Miss Mercy »

She is a great dog! We keep working on heel. She is so food driven, that I thought holding a treat would help, but she just jumps and nips at it. Heel is getting better but it will be a work in progress for quite a while, I sense.
Miss Mercy's mommy
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

https://youtu.be/eGN0Oyx9F9s

Need to work on this for good healing

Tim
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Good video - I hope you don't mind that I edited your post to embed the video.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Miss Mercy
Just Whelped

Post by Miss Mercy »

This is great! Thank you. Mercy is going to have a busy weekend!
Miss Mercy's mommy