Hi Everyone! I'm Michele in Florida

For our new members to introduce themselves
Chvy1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Live in FL and have owned/been owned by an incredibly awesome DS named Chevy. I had to say goodbye to him last Christmas (11/22/19 RIP Chevy) – cancer, just before his 12th b-day. He was almost 5 y when I got him and had been through some rough events. It took time to work through most the anxieties/PTSD, but what a transformation. He was the poster boy for what love, understanding, & the right amount of discipline can do - oh, and a good tennis ball. He loved playing, swimming, and herding squirrels! I'm ready for another Dutchie, a puppy this time. Yes, I know what I'm getting into, before Chevy, I had 3 Samoyeds, all raised from pups. Training them is part of what helped me help Chevy overcome his PTSD. Friends started searching a few months ago - seeing the pictures and/or not finding one was too hard for me. Now I’m looking too but the few we've found have been adopted - or I've gotten no responses. Please help! It would be much appreciated. I really am a great dog mom. Michele

Hi Everyone! I'm Michele in Florida

Post by Chvy1 »

I'm new here and found this site because I'm searching for Dutch Shepherd puppy. I basically summed up my story in my registration app:

Live in FL and have owned/been owned by an incredibly awesome DS named Chevy. I had to say goodbye to him last Christmas (11/22/19 RIP Chevy) – cancer, just before his 12th b-day. He was almost 5 y when I got him and had been through some rough events. It took time to work through most the anxieties/PTSD, but what a transformation. He was the poster boy for what love, understanding, & the right amount of discipline can do - oh, and a good tennis ball. He loved playing, swimming, and herding squirrels! I'm ready for another Dutchie, a puppy this time. Yes, I know what I'm getting into, before Chevy, I had 3 Samoyeds, all raised from pups. Training them is part of what helped me help Chevy overcome his PTSD. Friends started searching a few months ago - seeing the pictures and/or not finding one was too hard for me. Now I’m looking too but the few we've found have been adopted - or I've gotten no responses. Please help! It would be much appreciated. I really am a great dog mom. Michele

I have tons of great Chevy stories and some helpful tips, just ask. :DSlove: If you can help me find a DS, please do. I'm looking for a pup for many reasons, one of them being that too many people don't bother to learn about this breed and then turn them in, or back into, the shelter system, or abuse them for behavior problems. That and I just love puppies!

Michele
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Hi Everyone! I'm Michele in Florida

Post by centrop67 »

Welcome. I hope someone here is able to help
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Chvy1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Live in FL and have owned/been owned by an incredibly awesome DS named Chevy. I had to say goodbye to him last Christmas (11/22/19 RIP Chevy) – cancer, just before his 12th b-day. He was almost 5 y when I got him and had been through some rough events. It took time to work through most the anxieties/PTSD, but what a transformation. He was the poster boy for what love, understanding, & the right amount of discipline can do - oh, and a good tennis ball. He loved playing, swimming, and herding squirrels! I'm ready for another Dutchie, a puppy this time. Yes, I know what I'm getting into, before Chevy, I had 3 Samoyeds, all raised from pups. Training them is part of what helped me help Chevy overcome his PTSD. Friends started searching a few months ago - seeing the pictures and/or not finding one was too hard for me. Now I’m looking too but the few we've found have been adopted - or I've gotten no responses. Please help! It would be much appreciated. I really am a great dog mom. Michele

Post by Chvy1 »

Thanks Centrop67!
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Are you seeking to rescue or looking for a dog from a breeder? Only puppy or willing to consider other dog? (I sort of stalk the shelter and rescue sites, so I could keep an eye out.)
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Chvy1
Just Whelped

Post by Chvy1 »

Thanks LadyJubilee, I really appreciate that. I am looking to rescue a puppy or younger Dutch male. What can I say - I love puppies and am looking forward to that energy again, as well as a longer timespan to be with him. I fell in love with the breed and learned so much about it when I had Chevy so I definetely want to stick with Dutch Shepherds.
I'm curious about your stalking. What are you looking for and what do you do with the information?
Again, thanks for your help, Michele
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Well, I'm pretty much a suckered for a sweet face, so end up reading peeking even when I'm not looking.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Well darn, Kira sure is a pretty girl.. but she's a bit older and, well, female https://m.facebook.com/NADSR.DSRescue