Tala - coming from Europe

For our new members to introduce themselves
Elysian stripes
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Soon I will be first time dutch shepherd owner. I have german hunting terrier in co-ownership.
A few months ago I have to say goodbye from my mix breed, who taught me a lot about dogs and get me into cynology - she was 16,5 years old.

Tala - coming from Europe

Post by Elysian stripes »

This is Tala, coming from Austrian kennel and now living in neighborhood country. We are active in mantrailing, where she is doing an amazing job. Beside that I can proudly say we tried sheepherding a few months back and will definetly continue with it, since she is a natural.
Tala is born in February 2020 and is now turning 7 months.

If you are interested in 'European' dutchie you can follow us:
YOUTUBE: Elysian Stripes (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYLw8g ... 3ameSn-Ndw)
INSTAGRAM: Felicity Naarden (https://www.instagram.com/felicitynaarden/)

Do we have any more mantrailers here, or doing sheepherding?

Elysian stripes
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Tala - coming from Europe

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh my goodness, what a cutie patootie. She obviously really enjoys working and has such sweet eyes.

Bramble, who looks like but isn't DS, doesn't do mantrailing. However, she is learning a similar skill as part of her service task. She is being trained to find only one person on command.

Our next step is going to be scent discrimination as Bramble sort of cheats a bit right now. My son has a distinct breathing pattern, which often allows her to use her ears more than her nose when she searches for him.

Have you entered any competitions?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Re: Tala - coming from Europe

Post by Mark77 »

Nice training and good looking dog.