Hi from Minnesota! Loving life with our Dutchie Luna!

For our new members to introduce themselves
DutchLuna
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just adopted a 2 year old female DS, love the breed! Love the energy and drive!

Hi from Minnesota! Loving life with our Dutchie Luna!

Post by DutchLuna »

Hi All, We adopted Luna almost three months ago and I must say she is the most amazing dog. Our last four dogs over the years were ex-racing greyhounds, and while they were the sweetest creatures (like big lazy cats), they weren’t nearly as good of a fit with our active lifestyle. Luna is like a Swiss Army Dog, she is exactly the kind of companion we’ve been looking for and does absolutely everything with us. She was rescued as a stray in rural Kansas, then after some medical attention and spaying she was adopted by a sweet couple that had no idea what a Dutch or Mal was. They thankfully recognized it was a poor fit for her and them and posted her for rehoming on RescueMe which is where I found her. Now she is with us forever and I just can’t believe how wonderful she is! My daughters and I love her to pieces. It took her a while due to her former lack of exercise in her last home, but now she breezes through 2 four mile walks a day and is learning commands so well she makes me look like I know what I’m doing :) We had her DNA test done with Embark, she’s 100% DS and the vets think she’s about 3 years old. We think we’ll involve her in therapy work since she is the most loving dog to everyone she meets. There are no people or dogs that are not her friends! She even seems to calm the excited dogs with her non-reaction. She’s amazing. I’m so glad I happened to meet a Dutchie one day last year on a walk and fell in love with how beautiful that dog was. I’d never seen or heard of them before that day. Happy to be here with all the Dutchie lovers out there!!!

Chad, Betty, Isla and Luna!
58BA7BD6-C42E-4AB2-BC92-62D8AC616765.jpeg
58BA7BD6-C42E-4AB2-BC92-62D8AC616765.jpeg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1254 times
09E40746-AD97-43C7-841A-9BD0C83794B3.jpeg
09E40746-AD97-43C7-841A-9BD0C83794B3.jpeg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1254 times
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Hi from Minnesota! Loving life with our Dutchie Luna!

Post by Tim91118 »

Very nice…..it’s great when a dog fits in. That dog will be loyal to your whole family. Thanks for sharing.
Tim
DutchLuna
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Just adopted a 2 year old female DS, love the breed! Love the energy and drive!

Post by DutchLuna »

Thanks Tim! She is so loyal, I’ve never had a dog that constantly guards like she does. It’s really amazing to see her mind always working evaluating the surroundings even while we’re just relaxing.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Welcome!
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Looks like the dog found her forever home.