Dog Updates...what is you dog doing?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Dog Updates...what is you dog doing?

Post by ladyjubilee »

So Bramble has gotten chunky. I'm afraid with all the restrictions our family has struggled overall and it impacted the dogs. Kiddo has suffered by not being able to be out and about, which caused quite a bit of stress and related behaviors. It has really put a dent in their relationship.

However, now that we are all vaccinated and can be out again we are starting (slowly but surely) to re emerge. The trainer is going to fuss because we've been so slack, but hopefully we can start back over on the basics and rebuild.

I'm also hoping to get her started in a dog activity. We are going to try disco dog again and maybe agility.

So how are things going with your dog?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: Dog Updates...what is you dog doing?

Post by Tim91118 »

I decided to get Anja spayed. I usually don’t do this but I could not keep her in the house when she was in cycle. I find it best to keep them in a routine and disciplined.
Tim
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Still working on Mustang's confidence - it's going to take a while.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Wow, she she come thru the surgery OK?

It does take time. Does the trainer think it is his personality or his experience?
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

We had training today. Because of "issues" (not dog related) we are taking a step back, to the side, whatever to work on the bond between Bramble and my son. To that end today we worked on my son's "handling" and introduced very basic agility. He took her from cones to a textured path, to a jump (about 2") around to place. They had a great time together and my son was just smiling. We think this is something fun that gets them moving for a fun purpose together. I'm very hopeful.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Training any breed is all about consistency. It's awesome when it's also fun. Keep up the good work.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers