Do your dogs watch TV?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Do your dogs watch TV?

Post by Olie »

Yestrday was a first day for me and Olaf, and I noticed something that I never seen a dog do. Watches TV. He doesnt just look at the moving objects on the screen or reacting to sounds.
He watched a Robert DeNiro movie for good 15 min, and then he decided the movie is crap and went to sleep.

"dont bother me while Im watching a movie"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15BcUcg ... HFRXdSpzA=
Barbara & Olaf
Croatia, Europe (that`s why my english is bad)
bannerd
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Small farmer with other animals and two DS (Koda and Tura).

Re: Do your dogs watch TV?

Post by bannerd »

My dog likes to bite the tv.. lucky no damage. Whem I'm playing a video game he will try and bite the zombies on the tv and I have to scold him. Can't afford another tv really, haha.
Dutch Shepherd Kota(Koda) Male Brindle with a white patch on his stomach!
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

very cute. I love his face!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Lyric was especially taken with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at Xmas, she watched the entire thing with me. :oops: Still young at heart.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

He is so gorgeous!

Sugar will watch TV when there are dogs or animals on it, but gets a bit too excited about them still. We are working on it. Olaf looks soooo calm!
Sue (and Sugar)

Olie
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a 32 y.o. veterinarian working in a food microbiology lab, Olaf is cca 1-1,5 y.o. DS adopted from shelter. We are from Croatia.

Post by Olie »

Yeah he is very calm. He sleeps all day. Im starting to worry. Tho he eats normaly, he is active outside, pees and pops ok, and his heart rate is normal. Im gonna check his temp too.
Barbara & Olaf
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

does this answer your question?

Olie
Green Dog

Post by Olie »

Rofl Im sure he's thinkig "wow those humans really think they got us. What a bunch of suckers"
Barbara & Olaf
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

Marjolein wrote:does this answer your question?

I see that Dingo? likes Cesar. I love the head resting on the arm of the couch.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Love it! That is how Dingo stays one step ahead of you.
Sue (and Sugar)

roxanne
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hi.....my name is Angela. I have 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter. All of my dogs (and cats) are rescues. I have a puppy that we just adopted that I think could be at least part Dutch Shepherd. We also have a 2 year old pug/min pin mix and an 11 year old border collie and possible lab mix.

Post by roxanne »

My little dog does for a little while, then she gets under the blankets and sleeps!
Angela
UCD URO1 El Tango De Roxanne CD CGC
(Dutch shepherd mix)
Emmy (pug/min pin mix)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Dingo seems to be quite intrigued by the show.

Marco and I were watching the show too. My favorite episode is the one with the Korean dog.
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
ZodiacT
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to the Dutch Shepherd breed during my time as an Army veterinary technician working with Military Working Dogs. I fell in love with the breed and by pure chance happened to meet a DS in a local rescue who was a police K9 washout and was up for adoption. We adopted Zodiac right away and she has been an important part of our family ever since. We currently compete in Rally-Obedience and participate in Agility.

Post by ZodiacT »

Zodiac completely ignores the tv. The only time I've ever seen her look at it for more than a minute was during a televised agility competition and I think she was mainly interested in the barking.
Hayley St.Pierre-Thomas and Zodiac RL1-AOE, RL2-AOE, CGC
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Now you have all REALLY pissed Dingo off, after forcing a shower on him, you now believe he has feminin hips and watches some stupid guy on TV that thinks he can control dogs! :dsangry:
(it's Ivil... she always watches TV with me, especially animal-shows)

I must say that Olaf watches with more passion :D He made me laugh :D
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha, ha, I was not looking at the hips but the colouring. Ivil is much darker then Dingo but in the pic the fur looks lighter, so I thought Dingo. Send him my apologies!
Sue (and Sugar)

felixone123
Working Dog

Post by felixone123 »

:lol: Sorry Ivil... :oops: I thought it looked like Dingo too :huh:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Better pissed off than pissed on. :mrgreen:

Sorry, Dingo!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha, ha, happened the other day at the park...a dog came over a peed on someone...then went over and peed on her dog! :shock:

While she was sooo not impressed, it was kinda funny.
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

felixone123 wrote::lol: Sorry Ivil... :oops: I thought it looked like Dingo too :huh:
ok, that didn't help... he wants a ticket to the states he says, and your adress :dsshock:
Sugars Mom wrote:Ha, ha, happened the other day at the park...a dog came over a peed on someone...then went over and peed on her dog! :shock:

While she was sooo not impressed, it was kinda funny.
:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wahinelf
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I recently moved from CA to MA (10/12), Ellie (my 4 year old DS mix) and I are adjusting together!

Post by wahinelf »

Ellie watches cartoons and dog movies. I once found a youtube clip that she went nuts over...it was just a dog jumping around in a yard.
-Aubrey

Eleanor CGC FM TF-II, my 5YO DSX