Do your dogs watch TV?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Re: Do your dogs watch TV?

Post by felixone123 »

so sorry :oops: I cannot keep Dingo and Ivil straight - I keep mixing them up :duh:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Marjolein wrote: ok, that didn't help... he wants a ticket to the states he says, and your adress :dsshock:
Air Berlin has some pretty good rates and direct flights from Duesseldorf to Miami :whistle:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Schlussdibusti wrote:
Marjolein wrote: ok, that didn't help... he wants a ticket to the states he says, and your adress :dsshock:
Air Berlin has some pretty good rates and direct flights from Duesseldorf to Miami :whistle:
He just packed up his bed and a bottle of doggie-shampoo, and is on his way to the airport :?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

oh oh, they are going to take the shampoo away from him at security
Sue (and Sugar)

Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Sugars Mom wrote:oh oh, they are going to take the shampoo away from him at security
Smart boy! :mrgreen:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:oh oh, they are going to take the shampoo away from him at security
no they won't :dsangry:

whaha, I can totally SEE it, I'm such a kid in my head:
Dingo standing there, in his mouth a ticket and bottle of shampoo, bed strapped to his back, at the gate.
"sorry sir, no fluids are to be taken on the plane" :|

Ggggrrrr :dsangry:

"Can't help you sir, it's our security policy"

GRRRRRRRR :dsangry:

"sir, back off sir!"

GGGRRRRRR :dsangry:

Next shot you see a shivering security guy, back on the wall, nails digging into the cement, and the tip of a brindled tail disappearing into an airplane :lol:

Jeez, I wish I could do cartoons :?
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

lol!!!
Sue (and Sugar)

felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

lmao!! so funny!! :lol: :lol: I saw the whole scene in my head :o

If you can draw, you should do the cartoon - would be hilarious!!
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

felixone123 wrote:lmao!! so funny!! :lol: :lol: I saw the whole scene in my head :o

If you can draw, you should do the cartoon - would be hilarious!!
I think no drawing or cartoon is needed.....

Just send Dingo over to DUS security check in with a bed strapped to his back and a bottle of shampoo and let the video cam roll............ and post the results on youtube. :mrgreen:

You go Dingo, you show them! They fear explosives in a shampoo bottle?! No terrorist will dare to pull one with you on the plane :whistle: They might hire Dingo and he can fly back and forth as he pleases. :roll:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

He needs the GoPro camera...
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Dingo is a bit occupied overhere, he does not want to leave home this very moment...: Ivil is in heat :lol: He does not give a #^$* she's his niece :? So he sends his regards and keeps the shampoo bottle safely tucked under his bed the mean time ;)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

lol!!
Sue (and Sugar)

alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

:lol:
Lyric is in heat also, and I think she's left her brain somewhere.
Tell Dingo she'd love for him to visit in about 4 more days, and she'll supply the shampoo.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I happened to see this post at the bottom of another one, and I know it's old. The members in this thread are sadly no longer following the site.

However, Mustang is an avid watcher of television, and it was cute at first - but has become quite annoying.

There's this one commercial that comes on where a flooring company shows a dog scratching the floor as they artificially display different flooring options. I swear that one of these days Mustang is going to jump up and grab the 65 inch TV and bring it crashing down to the floor.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Casper is a TV watcher as well....to the point he even tries to get to the animated wolves in Beauty and the Beast! He'll even park himself in front of the TV to watch. (I think he was kept in kennel and TV was his only entertainment.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor used to be completely transfixed by the show River Monsters. Sadly, that only lasted for as short time with me. Her previous owner shared with me that she absolutely watched TV and really got into it.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Does anyone use Dog TV?
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Wtf is that!?🤨
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

No, but we do watch a lot of cat and bird videos on Rumble and YouTube:)
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Dog TV is a channel specifically for dogs.

https://www.dogtv.com/
DirecTv wrote:DOGTVTM(Ch. 562) is the first television network created exclusively for canines, and the humans who love them. 24/7 programming helps stimulate, entertain, relax and habituate dogs with shows that expose them to various movements, sounds, objects, experiences, and behavior patterns, all from a dog’s point of view. DOGTV can be added to any base programming package for only $4.99 a month.
Michael