Thanksgiving

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Thanksgiving

Post by centrop67 »

What do you want to give thanks for?

* Thank you to the core group of members who keep the conversation going on the Dutch Shepherd Forum.

* Thank you to Radar (and the dumb-ass that gave up on him) for bringing me into this amazing group of humans and canines.

* Thank you to all the fosters, rescuers, and organizations working tirelessly to make the world a better place.

If you're reading this, you probably fit into one of the above groups. If you don't fit in above, I hope I have planted a seed to try.

And, to complete the post, a picture of Radar - just because.

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by TimL_168 »

Wow. That makes him look like a lab!

I'm thankful for my old dog that's still dragging herself around. For Endeavor, resilient as anything with the changes this past year has brought. For my kid that understands and feels so much more than most kids double his age. For the people I train with at the gym. Most of all, I'm thankful for life and everything I get to share it with. Endeavor has really made a difference in my own life. She's trained and run with me though a crazy year that began with me happily hating the world and slacking off in training. En didn't let that slide. She'd bring me her collar while I was drinking at the table... And a turning point for me was when I put the collar up on a shelf, she went and got her tracking harness off the coat rack and brought it to me. For as much work as she's enjoyed while wearing it, she's never warmed up to putting it on. She brought it to me and held it, staring at me to get the eff up and get on with it.
Good girl Endeavor. Good girl.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by ladyjubilee »

I'm thankful we have Bramble. The whole time we were at Disney we kept saying we wished she were with us. Not only does she fit with our family, but she does so much for us. Selfishly, I have to admit she makes our lives so much easier, and she hasn't even started formal task training yet.

I'm also thankful for the forum and everyone who has shared their knowledge and help us be a somewhat decent home for Bramble.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs