What's the safest ball?

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Re: What's the safest ball?

Post by Tim91118 »

To me Chuckit is a nice ball that can’t be readily destroyed. If a dog gets one stuck in the back of the throat it’s because the ball is not put up after play. If a dog chases a ball then immediately tries to swallow it, I don’t think I would be playing ball with the dog.
Tim
Jay knowles
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: New owners,also own a English Bull Terrier

Post by Jay knowles »

I use the orange chuck it ball lasts a long time and I’ve had no issues. I am aware that a dog could swallow it but found nothing better yet. Jay
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble suddenly had s purple ball, that we have no idea how she got (I suspect one of the neighbors that visit her gave it to her), that is perfect. Its durable, it does squeak-but isnt like a squeaky toy, and is too large to swallow. The only problem is I can't read the label. She crunches tennis balls even during the return while we play fetch, but this ball has held up. The first part of the imprint is "dogk" which has lead me to look for Kongs. Haven't found exactly it, though.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs