Upside Downside

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Upside Downside

Post by ladyjubilee »

My mom planted a nice little container garden this year.

On the upside, Bramble keeps the squirrels away from the garden and the vegetables are just ripening.

The downside? Bramble decided to pick her own snacks and ate the squash.

We've now blocked the container. I've just never had a dog that loves vegetables. She picks vegetables over meat treats.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Upside Downside

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor will steal strawberries on occasion 😡
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

LOL - funny Radar story for this:

My wife purchased those upside down tomato growing thingys, They consist of a pole, a bag mounted at the top, and a bag of dirt already infused with tomato seeds. We managed to get one crop before the poles rusted and the bags deteriorated in the South Florida climate. I will also mention that they were small cherry tomatoes.

The funny part is that at some point, we started getting tomatoes growing all over our yard. You wouldn't believe the places that these things were growing in, and the only reason we found them, was because Radar liked to search the yard for them and eat them.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Haha. That so figures. You want plants...they do not grow. But they'll sneak and pop up everywhere.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs