Jumping Over

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Jumping Over

Post by ladyjubilee »

Patriot's photo in the contest this month inspired my curiosity. What is the highest you dog has jumped?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Jumping Over

Post by TimL_168 »

En has had her head over 7 feet in the air a few times trying to get ahead of a ball or frisbee. I try to set things up so she's not jumping quite so high, but sometimes I mess up the throw. She's climbed over ten feet high in trees. The maples at the back of my yard are covered in dense ivy. I recently learned that squirrels can and will drive her to grip the ivy with her feet and climb like there's no tomorrow.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

There's a pic of her about 6½ feet high on a tree stump floating around on here
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Ah, squirrels. The world's best motivation.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

That sounds like our old boxer lab mix. The delicate little flower couldn't possibly jump into the car; just too far. So we always had to pick him up..all 89lbs.

But when he wanted to get to the other side of a 7 foot fence, he just jumped right over.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

I'll just answer with pictures...

Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Mike! Oh my god those are great!!!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor has been jumping over our coffee table too, lately.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

Rough estimate with Karma. 8 foot or so. Always so incredible to see them fly
Attachments
00039IMG_00039_BURST20180327171257_crop_604x786_copy_302x393.jpg
00039IMG_00039_BURST20180327171257_crop_604x786_copy_302x393.jpg (70.78 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
Screenshot_20200729-133819_copy_540x1080.png
Screenshot_20200729-133819_copy_540x1080.png (551.91 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Some dogs can fly!

:lol:
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Do you think Lazslo moves differently just as a personality thing or because of his history?
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Endeavor used to spring over Aurora's back all the time. Jumps like a pronghorn sometimes! I can never get good picture though 😟
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

I wondered as Casper seems to be the same. He is only now starting to move like a dog. We think he lived in a kennel and just didn't get to experience, well, anything. He really has a gap in his motor planning development. But recently he has started running more normally for short bursts. Last night he was able to "jump" onto the couch after a few tries for the first time. He is small, but thats not a super leap for a dog his size.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

What did Aurora think of being jumped over?
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble loves to jump. She will even throw a ball or disc in the air so she can jump to catch it. I haven't encouraged her to jump fences though. She's been taught to STAY in the fence ;)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

This thread tells me I need to have a "Jump" theme in an upcoming photo contest. 8-)
Michael
Wes Thomas
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a first time DS owner... And now a lifetime owner of the breed. I have Karma.. she's almost 2 now and is incredible. Great protection dog for my family and the most athletic dog I've ever witnessed.

Post by Wes Thomas »

I wish we could upload videos as well. Here's a couple of older links from when Karma turned 1 and when she turned 3 years.

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

You can't "upload" videos, BUT you can embed You Tube videos in your post.

Instructions Here
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Wes Thomas wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:30 pm Here's a couple of older links from when Karma turned 1 and when she turned 3 years.
Now, all you need to do is get a good screen shot from the video and enter it in the contest :D
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

That is so great. I can never get a picture of Bramble jumping because I'm too slow :)