Black Hole

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Black Hole

Post by ladyjubilee »

Still set to go get him?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Southbound.

Mustang is smaller than he looks in the photos, and it's going to take some time to build up his confidence.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Baby steps!!!!
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Ah, he has the look. Don't be fooled, given time he could turn into a Sassy Mouth like Casper. Once he knows he is safe with you, you should start seeing his personality.

With Casper, I took my cues from Bramble. Bramble just insisted Casper play with her, and when he retreated, she followed making open mouth chuffs. I ended up doing play bows, open mouth cuffs, "grabbing" his leg in play invitation...and slowly he started started to respond. He now invites me to play, and oh, is he a sassy mouth. Still skittish, but we are making so much progress.

BTW, he is a cutie.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

He was much smaller than the other one in all of those videos. He’s probably not even 50 lbs.
Tim
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

We are home sweet home with Mustang after a long journey. Leela isn't very happy, but I I am pretty sure she will come around.

I am going to officially close this post out with a couple of pics. The black hole is filling with love.

I'll start another thread with some more pics soon.

Last pee stop just a few minutes from home (for me too LOL).

Mustang at home in our backyard.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers