Thanksgiving Trip to Big Bend National Park

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Thanksgiving Trip to Big Bend National Park

Post by borellar15 »

So we bought a mini travel trailer and took a trip from Austin to Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park. Dogs are not allowed on the trails in National parks so we had a day in Big Bend Ranch State park. Here are some highlights.

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Thanksgiving Trip to Big Bend National Park

Post by borellar15 »

And then also here are some pictures of not dogs in case y’all are curious of what big bend is like...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Wow, I have to admit I always envisioned Big Bend as being dry and desolate. I've always turned down going. But that is lovely.

How long did you stay?
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Haha well it is mostly dry as you said but it is beautiful. Those pictures where you see water are all in different spots of the rio grande. We were there from weds-Sunday.
Image Image
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Awesome.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Are you trying to be the next sysyphus ?
Lol
Nice pictures
Tim
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Tim91118 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:10 pm Are you trying to be the next sysyphus ?
Lol
Nice pictures
Haha I don’t think I can quite match those pictures of foxy but i hope to try! Haha. We want to travel as much as we can as see the national parks etc.
Image Image
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

Looks like a great trip.