Training Success

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Training Success

Post by ladyjubilee »

So we've had a stressful couple of months... to the point I worried Bramble wouldn't be able to continue training. Not on her part, but covid restrictions + autism are a horrible combination. Frankly, at times I worried our whole family wasn't going to make it. But we turned a corner, and no body has been beaten up since Boxing Day. Yay!!!

Then we had Bramble's first training session since we went to Disney. Because of how things have been I just haven't been able to work with her the way I should. I just knew it was going to be a disaster.

We are working on a pretty complex task. She has to go to the stroller on command, retrieve headphones which are on a hook on the side of stroller and bring it to me. To take it off the hook, she has to do a head twist and lift. Before session we talked about how it may take a few sessions and that we'd have to build the steps. Until yesterday take it was from a hand, the ground or a stationary flat surface.

Well, she got it :) By the end of session she could not only get it off the hook but bring it to me in various situations. She was one proud pup once she figured everything out.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Training Success

Post by centrop67 »

That's awesome - Happy New Yer

:trophy:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers