Goofy Dogs

Your home for general discussion. Don't know where to post? Try here first.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Goofy Dogs

Post by ladyjubilee »

There are a lot of new members, so I'd like to get to know your dogs goofy quirks.

Bramble is my goofy girl. Her favorite "trick" is to run after a ball, do this little flip over the ball, then pick it up.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Goofy Dogs

Post by centrop67 »

Mustang barks at tv commercials and the spins around in circles.

We've had to cut down on our tv watching.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

If you want to read some good stories on this from the past, check out this thread...

https://dutchshepherdforum.com/viewtopi ... 8&start=80
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

Spinning in circles must be a Dutch and Malinois trait
Tim
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

My dogs have to bite the wheels on my tractor, my wheelbarrow, and anything that rolls. Fortunately, they don’t chase cars.
Tim
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Tim91118 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:12 am My dogs have to bite the wheels on my tractor, my wheelbarrow, and anything that rolls.
Radar story: We just finished having our plumbing replaced, and my backyard was tore up where they had to lay new pipe to the county system. I went to home depot and bought a new wheelbarrow to collect and move all the rocks left over from the dig (South Florida is all limestone just inches below the surface.).

I get home, and I bring the brand new wheelbarrow around the side of the house to the backyard. At the same moment, my wife opens the back door to come out with Radar pushing past her and running at me. I thought he was coming to greet me. Nope. In less than a second, he grabbed the wheel and I hear "sssssss" as the air hissed out of the tire - brand new wheelbarrow.

To my surprise (or maybe not), Home Depot didn't have a replacement wheel for my wheelbarrow, so I ended up removing everything from the bin which I attached a rope to. I dragged that bin around by the rope to finish my job, and Radar never touched it again.
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Bramble will still go for tires, and gets into trouble. She now tries to "casually" walk up to the lawnmower, then zips in for a nip.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs