September 2011 photo contest - friends

Monthly Photo Contest
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Re: September 2011 photo contest - friends

Post by Marjolein »

awwww :D
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

so sweet!!! It took me a second to find the pup.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Great photo's so far this month! anyone else have one to post?
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

I've been trying to get a good one of Sugar with her friends and this is what I've got (sorry, no other DS's). Here they are coming in for a treat. Notice my greedy little girl trying to get in to be the closest so she can be first? :oops:

Sugar with Zeke, Dusty and Freya

Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Ah how cute! :wtg: Sugar is small!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Yup, she is!! She is right in-between the small dogs (shitzus, etc) and big dogs (Aussie, labs, etc) that she plays with.
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Very cute sue! Look at Sugars pearly whites :dssmile:
ImageImage
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Post by Choochi »

Choochi
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Wow! :dsshock: Did the bird survive?? :dschick:
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Are you raising the Robin? Those birds can eat!!! Raised a few here.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Very Cool !!
ImageImage
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Post by Choochi »

lol no not raising the bird!

Couple months ago when the baby birds around here were growing up, they just kept falling out of the trees into my backyard. A few times Ripp found them before I did, then I started to check the back yard before letting the dogs out. Good thing is she just followed them around, kinda curious, but not overly interested. One blue jay was very vocal and jumpy, I had to take her away from him because every time he moved she tried to pounce on him, although she would only mouth him and not bite, obviously not appropriate. The robins were more chilled. Heck at one point one of them ended up hopping into my house! It was a full blown baby bird invasion for about a week. I do have a bunch more pics of her with the baby birds and of course just the baby birds, they were so freaking cute!
Choochi
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

Dutchringgirl wrote:so sweet!!! It took me a second to find the pup.
Yes, me too. :D
There are some very nice pictures to choose from. I think I now which one to vote or already, at least I think I do.