October 2011 photo contest - Welcome

Monthly Photo Contest
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

October 2011 photo contest - Welcome

Post by icvanstra »

For this month, October 2011, please submit a photo that you think most fits the theme:
EN: Welcome!
NL: Welkom!

The usual rules:
1) please submit one photo
2) you must have rights to the photo that you submit
3) please put the dog's name in your post
4) contest will be open until the around the end of the month ... voting will begin sometime after that.

Going to stress rule #3! :stickman:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Re: October 2011 photo contest - Welcome

Post by Jan »

Mike and Floor:

icvanstra
Working Dog
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

hmmm... doesn't look like I chose a very good topic this month. Time for another :pint:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Working on it Eric... just can't find the person trying to get into the home for the perfect pic... :dsroll: :dsdoubt: Nobody seems sure they actually are "welcome"....mmmh? :dsroll:
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ya, I have to admit this one is a hard one...I was thinking of hanging a WELCOME sign around Sugar's neck and take a pic...
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Sugars Mom wrote:Ya, I have to admit this one is a hard one...I was thinking of hanging a WELCOME sign around Sugar's neck and take a pic...

with or without teeth? :dsroll:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Without the teeth Marjolein. With the teeth, it would be a go away sign? ;)

Kwinny and the welcome DS

ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

This one is not a submission. The back of the same sign was made to reflect our other breed. ;)
Shameless plug: My friend made this for me. You can order one for yourself! (just specify breed of choice. PM me for more info.)

I used this as my 'open/closed' sign for years. :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

I notice that Kwinney refuses to look at the Mali sign! I do like this though, may have to have one myself but with a GSD on the one side.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha ha, very cute!
Sue (and Sugar)

Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

Judith, I knew you would post this, I actually thought of this sign right away wham Eric posted this months theme :D I remembered you posting it WAY back ;) And yes, I'll order one please, Please send it in the mail in a way that I can afford... :lol:
Jan
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I like Dutch Shepherddogs, especially the roughcoat. At the moment we have three dogs, two DS (one female who is 10 years and one male who is six months) and one male Laekenois at the age of three. We live in the north of The Netherlands.

Post by Jan »

That's a great sign Judith. :lol:
icvanstra
Working Dog

Post by icvanstra »

Hurry in with your photo's ... last day to enter one for this months contest.
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

awwww, fine, I'll go with this one:

Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Oh, that is sooo cute!!
Sue (and Sugar)