Dutch Shepherds in the News (September 2018)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (September 2018)

Post by centrop67 »

Officers Cleared in Fatal Shooting of Man Who Killed K9

2 fatal shootings by Arkansas officers ruled justified

Three Arkansas law enforcement officers justified in fatal shooting of man who killed police dog
nwaonline.com wrote:"Cpl. Bennett, Cpl. Rapert and Deputy Hughes were justified in firing their service weapons at James Blackmon as they knew he had a handgun and believed their lives were in danger," Ellington wrote. "Not only did Cpl. Rapert observe Blackmon shoot his K-9, Hemi, Blackmon pointed his weapon at Rapert and fired at him as he ran from the location where the canine was killed."
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (September 2018)

Post by TimL_168 »

:evil: :cry:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

New K9 joins Fountain Police Department Story Link
www.krdo.com wrote:K9 Phoenix was donated to the Fountain Police Department in May by Shield 616 and Four Corners Canine.

Phoenix is a two-year-old Dutch Shepherd with a dual purpose: find narcotics and apprehend suspects.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Police dogs get special care after retirement Story Link
kdvr.com wrote:Tank is a perfect example. He is a Dutch shepherd who served with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office for six years.

He retired two years ago.

“He actually retired because he was diagnosed with cancer," deputy Marsee Kelly said. "He had to have a toe amputated. That costs thousands and thousands of dollars that I would not have been able to pay for myself.”

Friends of Douglas County K-9s helps with all their veterinarian checkups, shots, medication and food.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

McKeesport Police K-9 Unit Asks For Community Help Paying For K-9 Officer’s Cancer Treatment Story Link
The K-9 unit is funded entirely by donations
kdkaradio.radio.com wrote:Officer Farkle is an 8 year old Dutch Shepherd diagnosed with mouth cancer a few weeks ago.

Anyone who wants to donate to the department can do so through these three organizations:

McKeesport Police Department
201 Lysle Boulevard
McKeesport, PA 15132

The McKeesport Police K-9 account through the Parkview Credit Union
2100 Eden Park Boulevard
McKeesport, PA 15132

Adopt-A-Sato
724-217-0595
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

K-9 helping patients at Allen Hospital Story Link
www.kwwl.com wrote:Krush, a malinois and Dutch shepherd mix, has joined the team at UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital to help enhance the overall safety and comfort for patients, visitors, volunteers, students and other team members.

Krush can provide therapeutic interaction, deter disruptive behavior, reduce the use of restraints during de-escalation situations, detect controlled substances, track missing people, enhance ALICE active shooter training and more.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Meet Blek! Local sheriff's department welcomes new K9 officer Story Link
www.wnem.com wrote:K9 Officer Blek arrived Friday. He’s a 13-month-old Dutch Shepherd whose main mission will be to search for people, such as lost children and special needs adults – or suspects who need to be tracked.
Michael