2020 Rose Parade - S&R K-9 Ceri

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

2020 Rose Parade - S&R K-9 Ceri

Post by centrop67 »

I couldn't find a picture form the actual parade, but another member of the forum notified me that Ceri (pronounced Keery) was on the 1st Responders Float in the parade.

If anyone can find photo/video of the float, please feel free to post here.
Click Here to donate to the California Rescue Dog Association (CARDA)
CARDA wrote: CARDA's 2020 Rose Parade ambassadors are veteran search dog handler Donna Sanford and "Ceri," her canine search partner. The hero dog team was selected to appear aboard the "First Responders Bring Hope" float designed by Oddfellows Rebekahs to honor all emergency workers.

Sanford and "Ceri" have deployed on nearly 100 search and rescue incidents since the Dutch Shepherd certified in 2010. The K9 SAR team's deployment experience includes a range of nationally recognized emergencies from the Camp Fire at Paradise to the Montecito Mudslides and missing hikers at Joshua Tree National Park among many other high-profile deployments.

"Ceri and I are honored to have been asked to represent canine search and rescue at this beloved New Year’s Day event," Sanford said. "We would like to thank our fellow search and rescue volunteers across the state as well as across the nation for their selflessness 'so that others may live' and for the sense of hope they bring to each and every emergency deployment."
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: 2020 Rose Parade - S&R K-9 Ceri

Post by centrop67 »

Contributed by someone following the Dutch Shepherd Forum Facebook page:

Youtube Link

The link is setup to jump to the right place in the video. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with the Youtube feature of this site, so you'll have to click the link to see it.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers