Dutch Shepherds in the News (May 2020)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (May 2020)

Post by centrop67 »

The pattern of abuse by this guy is troubling. I guess he went from assaulting humans to now dogs (He served 2 years for assault in 2011).

Cobb dog trainer facing more animal cruelty charges months after arrest
Story Link
www.ajc.com wrote:A new arrest warrant issued April 22 accuses 48-year-old Dondi Shannon Brinson of “maliciously” harming a Dutch Shepherd dog he was supposed to be training.
Apparently the dog got tangled in a chain and broke its leg. Instead of taking it to the vet, he allegedly ignored it. Later the dog had to have the leg re-broken to repair the damage causing a permanent disability for the dog.

He was arrested last year on two other counts of animal cruelty. He allegedly broke a Mals jaw by slamming it into a picnic table, and again allegedly did not seek vet help. On top of that, he allegedly starved the dog.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (May 2020)

Post by TimL_168 »

Ugh .. What the hell is wrong with people
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
kalinoodlesoup
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in Ontario, Canada with my mom, and our dog named Kali. We rescued Kali 2 years ago, and have no information about her life prior to us.

Post by kalinoodlesoup »

Ugh.. scum of the earth. I'll never understand how someone could abuse an animal!
Kalinoodlesoup ON Canada
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Dutch shepherd Bane joins ranks as Hebron’s sole dog on police force
Story Link
www.nwitimes.com wrote:Bane is an 18-month-old Dutch shepherd from Poland who holds certifications in tracking, narcotics detection, criminal apprehension, building and area searches and is also certified through the North American Police Work Dog Association.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Investigation underway after puppies found brutally killed
Story Link
wlos.com wrote:On the morning of Monday, May 18, 2020, deputies obtained an incident report regarding two Dutch Shepherd puppies that were found deceased by the owner of Kingdom Kennels, located in Transylvania County.

Upon examination, one of the dogs appeared to be decapitated and other appeared to have multiple puncture wounds.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Michael
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh that is horrible.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
kalinoodlesoup
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in Ontario, Canada with my mom, and our dog named Kali. We rescued Kali 2 years ago, and have no information about her life prior to us.

Post by kalinoodlesoup »

why so much horrid news lately?! those poor puppies
Kalinoodlesoup ON Canada
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

I honestly apologize for this month's news. I really want to emphasize positive, but I think it's important to share even when it's not so positive.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

DPSO adds four-legged deputy
Story Link
www.ktbs.com wrote:In DeSoto Parish, Deputy Kelby Pearah recently completed the U.S. K-9 Unlimited Academy based in Abbevile, and now he’s partnered with the sheriff’s office’s newest K-9 deputy, a 3-year-old Dutch Shepherd named Rex.
Michael
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Woman missing four days found safe north of Urbana
Story Link
www.news-gazette.com wrote:Just like in June 2015, when he helped search for Karma Boitnott, Beasley was accompanied by his now-7-year-old Dutch Shepherd, Arco.

“We think she heard (Arco) bark,” said Heuerman who, along with Hallett had been in that general area for about an hour and hadn’t heard or seen anything.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Canine teams from CHP, UC Davis PD graduate
Story Link
www.dailydemocrat.com wrote:Nine California Highway Patrol canine teams and one canine team from UC Davis’ Police Department graduated training this week, according to a release from the CHP.

Among the graduates were four Belgian Malinois, one Dutch Shepherd, four German Shepherd Dogs, and one German Shorthair Pointer.
Michael