Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2020)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2020)

Post by centrop67 »

‘He knew his job and he did it well’; K-9 Bolos retires from Iron County Sheriff’s Office
Story Link
www.stgeorgeutah.com wrote:“I truly believe that I owe my life to him,” (Cpl. Shawn) Peterson said of Bolos as he recounted a domestic violence call a few years ago where the suspect had established an advantageous position, reportedly planning to ambush and fire upon the responding officers. However, before any shots were fired, Bolos made his way around from the side and was able to successfully subdue the suspect.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (June 2020)

Post by centrop67 »

Meet Morris County Sheriff’s New K-9 Addition Named Zara
Story Link
www.hopatconglakeregionalnews.co wrote:Zara, an energetic, 19-month-old Dutch Shepherd born in The Netherlands, is the newest addition to the Morris County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Section.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Toronto Police Department welcomes K-9 Luna
Story Link
www.heraldstaronline.com wrote:Luna, a 1-year-old female Dutch shepherd, has joined Patrolman P.J. Putnam as one half of the department’s new K-9 unit.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Lincolnton PD adds 4th K9
Story Link
www.lincolntimesnews.com wrote:“I was under the impression that a dog is this magical creation that as soon as you bring him out of the car, he’s going to find your bad guy,” she said. “It was interesting to me to see the process and how much as a handler I can affect what he’s able to do. I didn’t really understand how much teamwork is involved.” -officer, Megan Bowling
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Charges Unlikely After Local Police Chief’s Family Dog Leaves The Yard, Is Shot And Killed By Neighbor
Story Link
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com wrote:The dog was a 1-year-old Dutch Shepherd allegedly shot and killed by a neighbor who said the dog was attacking him.
Michael