Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2020)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2020)

Post by centrop67 »

Questioned by investigators, K-9 handler says vehicle shut down before dog’s death
Story Link
www.inmaricopa.com wrote:Ike was a 9-year-old Dutch shepherd, a working breed the American Kennel Club describes as intelligent, lively and athletic but very independent-minded.

Ike was euthanized early in the morning of June 27 after being locked in a vehicle for more than an hour and a half in the summer heat of the previous afternoon.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (November 2020)

Post by ladyjubilee »

Hmmm. This article leaves out quite a bit of information, such as the antenna being disconnected and the receiver being set to vibrate.

Reading the report, I don't think anyone purposefully harmed Ike, but I also don't see lessons being learned and policies changed. For instance, I understand dogs being left in a car while out on service, but too many are being left in cars during meetings and meals. Policy should change to require dogs be kenneled at the station during meals and meetings.

It's just happening too often.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Cruel Leeds couple banned from owning pets for 5 years after electric shock collar infected dog's throat
Story Link
/www.leeds-live.co.uk wrote:RSCPA inspector Kris Walker launched an investigation after he was called to kennels by the Leeds City Council dog warden to a dog who was collected on May 14, 2019, with a neck injury.

Inspector Walker said: "The brindle Dutch Shepherd had been found straying and was taken for veterinary treatment for a nasty injury to her neck.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Terrible.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Retired SLTPD K9 Tara dies after being honored with ceremony
Story Link
southtahoenow.com wrote:It was a special ceremony November 6, 2020, one that honored the police service of K9 Tara as she left her home for the last time. After surviving cancer surgery that resulted in the loss of one leg two years ago, K9 Tara was put to sleep after being hit by the disease once again.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Buckhannon Police Sgt. William Courtney and K-9 Officer Erros complete training
Story Link
www.mybuckhannon.com wrote:K-9 Erros is a dual-purpose trained dog, with training for drug detection, searching and suspect apprehension. Erros is an 18-month-old Dutch Shepherd.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

MCSO K-9 "Yankee" dies from aggressive brain tumor
Story Link
www.azfamily.com wrote:The Dutch Shepherd came into MCSO when he was about 2 years old and put in many years of loyal service as a working K-9, going on SWAT missions on patrols with deputies. He had been in the process off retiring when his symptoms rapidly escalated.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Puppy joins SUNY Delhi police force
Story Link
www.thedailystar.com wrote:Redd, a 12-week-old Dutch shepherd, is training to be the University Police Department’s first K9, according to Chief Martin Pettit.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

BPD introduces new K-9 Erros to City Council
Story Link
therecorddelta wrote:BPD Sergeant Courtney introduced his new K-9 Erros, an 18-month-old Dutch Shepherd trained on drug detection, tracking, area searches and apprehension.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Meet BPD’s new Paw-tner
Story Link
therecorddelta.com wrote:The Buckhannon Police Department gained their new 18-month-old Dutch Shepherd named Erros, to work alongside Sergeant William Courtney. The duo completed their training at the end of September at Shadow Creek Kennel in Pennsylvania for six weeks and started work on November 9.
Michael