Dutch Shepherds in the News (April 2021)

Did you see a Dutch Shepherd somewhere? Out in public? On Television? In a movie?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Dutch Shepherds in the News (April 2021)

Post by centrop67 »

Police dog Vixen loves country walks and catching criminals
Story Link
www.staffordshire-live.co.uk wrote:Whether PD Vixon is off duty and enjoying countryside walks or relaxing at home, she could easily be mistaken for a typical pet dog.

But when she's in the back of a police car as handler PC Sam Jones heads to an incident the agile Dutch shepherd shows the other side of her personality and just why she has enjoyed plenty of success with Staffordshire Police since hitting the beat.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Shepherds in the News (April 2021)

Post by centrop67 »

Meet K9 Apollo: Broome Co. Sheriff’s new K9 officer
Story Link
wbng.com wrote:K9 Apollo is a 12-month-old Dutch Shepherd. The Sheriff's Office said he will continue his training in obedience, narcotics detection, tracking, building searches, apprehension, and patrol work.
Michael
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Italian dogs sniff through COVID-19 bootcamp
Story Link
phys.org wrote:Macera's company SecurityDogs has six pups in the programme, among them Roma. The four-year-old Dutch Shepherd was outfitted in her uniform, a turquoise and black harness proclaiming the dog's COVID-fighting role.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Police officer resigns after video shows him slamming K-9 into patrol car
Story link
abcnews.go.com wrote:Veterinarian records later released by the Salisbury Police Department confirm that Zuul went to an animal hospital in Concord, about 20 miles southwest of Salisbury, on March 4 for a "semi-annual exam." The document states that the 3-year-old Dutch Shepherd "had an incident that involved his neck in October of 2020" but "is doing well" and "is not having any clinical signs at this time." The document further states that Zuul showed "no obvious musculoskeletal or neurological damage from his incident in October."
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Hazel Park Police Department announces unexpected death of K-9 Dutch Shepherd Lando
Story Link
www.clickondetroit.com wrote:On Saturday, the Hazel Park Police Department announced the unexpected death of its K-9 Dutch Shepherd named Lando.

The K-9 was born on Aug. 5, 2014 and died Friday, police said. He started with the department in July of 2015.

He is credited with locating lost children and apprehending fleeing felons.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Dedication to Community: Officer Queen and the NRE K-9 Unit
Story Link
www.theonefeather.com wrote:(Officer Rick) Queen had been training with patrol dogs for years, and he knew it wasn’t as simple as picking the right breed. Django, as he later named the pup, was a Dutch Shepherd. A breed Queen was familiar with, though there is a significant list of qualifiers to becoming a police dog.
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

Hancock County Sheriff’s Department welcomes newest four-legged member
Story Link
www.wlox.com wrote:Meet K-9 Deputy Dark, who recently finished training. Running down criminals and sniffing out illegal substances, Dark has proven he has what it takes to be a part of the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department.

“Dark is a Dutch Shepherd. We purchased Dark from the U.S. K-9 Unlimited in Louisiana around November of 2020,” said Lt. Edward Walley. “During that time, he’s been training through U.S. K9 Unlimited until the end of January.”
Michael
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by centrop67 »

New K-9 officer helps pay tribute to 3 fallen cops
Story Link
abc7ny.com wrote:Three fallen police officers were honored this weekend during two ceremonies for a Suffolk County Sheriff's Office K-9.

The official naming ceremony was held for 2-year-old Dutch shepherd Reis on Saturday.
Michael