New here, looking for wire-haired puppy

Have something you want to sell or buy related to a Dutch Shepherd? Put it here.
Forum rules
If you are selling a Dutch Shepherd or announcing a litter please post the results of the normally expected health tests or clearly state that they are not available. ...people are going to ask for them.
actoftreeson
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I live in California with an impending move to Tacoma, WA coming up. I have owned a golden retriever for 15 years and have not had a dog since. Looking for a male wire-haired Dutch shepherd puppy.

New here, looking for wire-haired puppy

Post by actoftreeson »

Hello,

My name is Chris and I am looking for a wire-haired dutch shepherd puppy, preferably male. I understand the breed is very rare and was wondering if anyone knows a reputable breeder I could get in touch with. I have previously owned a golden retriever for 15 years and have not had the heart to get another dog unless it is the exact one I want. I need all the help I can get in order to find one of these beautiful dogs. Thank you.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: New here, looking for wire-haired puppy

Post by centrop67 »

Unfortunately, the only response I have ever seen for this request is that you need to look to Europe.

I thought I saw either here or on one of the Facebook groups someone saying they were going to try a rough hair breeding in the US, but they were looking for either a male or female to breed with theirs.

Good luck.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers