Suggestion for Behaviorist with Mal/Dutch Experience

brixen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I love Dutchies and have a 6 year old who excels at civilian nosework and absolutely adores whipped cream. (odd combo, but it works for him)

Suggestion for Behaviorist with Mal/Dutch Experience

Post by brixen »

Hello all -

I am hopeful someone could provide me with a contact for someone with a extensive history with working line Mal/Dutchies. I have lived through some recent events which have left me wondering what-in-the-hell-went-wrong, and I am hopeful someone who has experienced various stages of Dutch development can help shed some light on things.

As I expect this to be a long email or phone conversation, I will compensate the trainer/behaviorist appropriately.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: Suggestion for Behaviorist with Mal/Dutch Experience

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Where are you located?
brixen
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I love Dutchies and have a 6 year old who excels at civilian nosework and absolutely adores whipped cream. (odd combo, but it works for him)

Post by brixen »

Denver Colorado.

Unfortunately, the dog will not be able to be evaluated and I am simply looking for someone to provide with me "...ah yes, I have seen this before at age 5 to 6..." or "...you really screwed up with this area for most DS..." via a review of some long winded history.
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Meaghan Karnes - The Collared Scholar
Meaghan Karnes wrote:I’m here to share with you my experience. My mission is to help others avoid the pitfalls I stumbled through when training my personal dog, and those pitfalls I stumbled through when I embarked on my journey training sport and working dogs.

My goal is to give you tools that are realistic, that fit your life, and that work with your busy schedule.

And my goal is to inspire change in you. To arm you with the tools to be the person your dog needs you to be. And to build your confidence so that you can effect real meaningful behavior change both in yourself, and in your dog, regardless of your goals.

I always tell everyone, training is about your relationship with your dog…not your dog’s relationship with his trainer. And my goal is to help you build that unbreakable bond on a strong foundation of respect, love and a whole lot of fun.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Honestly you could tell me everything you want to about the dog and what happened and what is happening but with out seeing it and being able to ask questions it's impossible to figure out over the internet or by phone! Why isnt the dog able to be evaluated? I've dealt with super aggressive dogs and never had a problem doing an evaluation... sounds like you will need serious training!
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

However you are welcome to PM me and I can call you later this evening and chat and try and help as best as possible over the phone!