Home made diet(raw) vs protein excess.

Dietary/feeding issues
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Home made diet(raw) vs protein excess.

Post by TimL_168 »

Alright everyone that feeds raw here. I've been digging around for some time now, and I haven't really come to a point where I'm confident that I know what I'm trying to do.
I have a freezer full of various deceased meat. I'm ready to start separating things and cooking up veggies. I've read both good and bad on brown vs white rice vs sweet potato.
I'm also leery of feeding too much protein and hurting the kidneys.
Anyone have any good references I can dig into?
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Home made diet(raw) vs protein excess.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I know yahoo had a raw group, but that was a few years back. .there is a raw group on FB
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I’m thinking of going raw. It makes more sense to me than kibble. Thanks to those who replied back to my questions.
Did you start a raw diet yet? How’s it going if you did?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Hey, I replied on your other post.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Saralee, I have, but not with consistency. Definitely mind the advice not to feed raw & kibble together.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor