Simple/Better Diet

Dietary/feeding issues
piotrzaremba
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: None

Simple/Better Diet

Post by piotrzaremba »

So I’ve had my Dutchie for a few months now. He is 15 months old and I have been feeding him dry blue buffalo kibble since I got him and at times throwing in raw eggs, raw brisket, carrot, or apple. But I want to start making more of an effort into a simple but better diet. I am not opposed to kibble since it’s easy when I’m camping but for a home diet does anyone have any simple recipes such as kibble some type of ground meat or ground organs and vegetables? I’m not trying to put in hours of work since I already work a ton.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Simple/Better Diet

Post by TimL_168 »

Mixing kibble and raw will give them the scoots. That said, I'll drop the occasional egg yolk in with the kibble without a problem.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Simple/Better Diet

Post by Dutchringgirl »

it is best to feed raw and kibble at different times, they digest differently and may give problems. I feed two of my girls Acana or Orajen and Thalie gets raw. Ill get ground chicken or turkey at my market , some peppers, brocolli and some other things, and take the veggies and mix them in my blender, then add egg and mix in the meat and make patties for the week.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage