Controversy!

Dietary/feeding issues
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Controversy!

Post by TimL_168 »

Dr. Werber advises that dogs stay away from all-natural bones. “The best kinds of bones to give a dog are the ones manufactured for dogs to be eaten, such as Dreambones or Smartbones,” he says. “These bones are made of chicken and vegetables and are fully digestible, so you don’t have to worry about the hazards.”

:yernuts: :roll:
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Controversy!

Post by TimL_168 »

The article specifically called out the dangers of softer rib bones.

And, not to ruffle any feathers, it was written by vegetarians.

Dogs. Are. Not. Vegetarian.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

Well, let's be honest, it's risky to breathe, let alone get out of bed in the morning.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

My lab once swallowed a mockingbird whole.

My vet said keep an eye on him as he wasn't acting abnormal.

A couple hours later, he puked it up still whole and went right back to being a hyper lab.

I think some of these people are comparing their chi hua huas to hearty dogs and expecting us to submit to the least common denominator. Just like some in politics.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog

Post by TimL_168 »

Ha! I reckon so, Mike. I reckon so...
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor