Drug Dealers

Laplaiefier
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are a good reflection of their owners?
LOL I must be hardheaded and stubborn.
I guess before and after results with dogs tend to show the effort put into them.

Drug Dealers

Post by Laplaiefier »

This is by far the longest post I've ever written but it is in hopes this story isn't repeated.
I don't want to cause a panic but we lost our dog and even still with Rocket, attempts are still made to silence him.
Some time back in 2017 we adopted a dog, irish terrier, german shephard and half boarder collie mix. :) He morphed into 4 different dogs until his final german shephard look, thankfully.
About 6 mth old, he seemed lethargic from time to time. Occasionally I'd find food of some kind in the yard, pizza, bread, dog food... At about 1-1/2 yr his lymph nodes began to swell and harden. After tests showed lymphoma, we decided to try treatment from which he responded well and seemed to be back to his old self. A couple weeks later he began to drag around, droop his head and wobble. Being late Friday and just showing a bit of this we waited for the vet to open Monday. By Saturday he was wobbling his head. By Sunday eve he was barely able to walk and by Monday he was incapacitated. Monday afternoon we said our goodbyes.
Now, this was the thing. Ours is not the first dog lost to cancer but in this neighborhood almost everyone has lost thier dog to cancer in the last 5 years.
Now that he was gone, food kept coming over the fence and all of it with the same odd oil soaked odor. It took me a while until I saw a tv commercial, when a light went on and I compared my saved samples with a bottle of 60% concentrate RoundUp. Now I believe RoundUp is a good product and safe when used with safety precautions as all herbicides and pesticides should. But, by my estimates, he was injesting from 2-5 gallons worth of mixed chemical per day most of his life. Before he passed his eyes were highly dialated, called moon eyes. I've seen the same from glycol poisoning. Now every time our dog goes outside, he wears a soft muzzle lined in screen so his tongue can only lick his nose. Their response was some sort of dark flakes of putred stench dripped onto a nonstick surface and peeled away. Still too small to pass through the mesh and having the disadvantage of having to stand at the fence to toss it over, they have ceased this. I only assume they reserve practice with this against law enforcement k-9s.
I never dreamed anyone could be so cruel to such a loving creature as our service dog was for the sake of unnoticed passage. But then again, concider the character.
A day late and a dollar short my mom would say.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Re: Drug Dealers

Post by ladyjubilee »

Oh no, that is horrible. People can be so cruel, but it is a reminder to be vigilant.

One of our big concerns was that multiple neighbors visit Bramble. Some bring her treats. Which is fine, but I didn't even know some were doing so. Not as many are braving the fence since unpredictable Casper came. Unlike Bramble, he barks loud and just might nip.
Pack: Peanuts-terrier mix, 16-18 years old, Bramble-Dutch Shepherd, 3 yrs
ladyjubilee
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Sharing life with Bramble Dutch Shepherd mix (?) and Casper Whippet/Pit Bull (????) mix

Post by ladyjubilee »

If the question is for me, its a little complicated. Our neighbors have pretty much always given our dogs treats. Because we all share fences, we all get to know each others dogs. Then the neighbor that always gives treats dog died. They aren't able to get another and just adore Bramble. They even have me bring her out if they have seen her for couple of days.
ladyjubilee
Training Dog

Post by ladyjubilee »

These particular neighbors give them Milkbone dog treats, and did confirm with us that it is OK. They even keep a treat bowl at their door to give the dogs. Casper's is thrown, as he is a finger nipper. Bramble gets hers by hand.
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

This doesn't make sense. Your neighbors were throwing chemical soaked food in your yard to poison your dog?