Zoey working on her front position

Obedience (non-protection) discussion. We have broken the two apart.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Zoey working on her front position

Post by borellar15 »

So I’ve been working on her front position as well and I’m now trying to fade the lure of my hand with the treat out of the picture. Hands at the side with the reward under my chin. Eventually the reward under the chin will be gone as well but for now we’re just trying to remove my hand holding the treat from the picture. Sorry the lighting sucks. She slides her paws on the floor so the mat in front of the door is best.

Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Zoey working on her front position

Post by borellar15 »

And to be clear here I don’t just want her in front of me. I’m looking for her to be as close to me as she can, chin up, resting against my body, looking at me. Add duration of time.
Image Image
Tim91118
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Enjoying my Dutch Shepherd and my Malinois

Post by Tim91118 »

You’re moving along nicely. It takes a lot of work. It’s amazing how they respond to the tone of your voice. It can definitely add enthusiasm to their step.
Tim
borellar15
Training Dog

Post by borellar15 »

Tim91118 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:49 am You’re moving along nicely. It takes a lot of work. It’s amazing how they respond to the tone of your voice. It can definitely add enthusiasm to their step.
Thanks Tim. Yea it definitely takes a lot of work. This was several meals being given by means of training with her backed up into a corner. Just now able to move out of the corner and remove my hands from my belly
Image Image
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

looking good !!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage