Texas Panhandle - DS Needs Help

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Texas Panhandle - DS Needs Help

Post by centrop67 »

I have been contacted on the Facebook page in regards to a Dutch Shepherd owner who is in the hospital. Based on posts I've seen, I don't think the prognosis for the owner is positive.

His dog ended up in a kill shelter, and the person who contacted me (a friend of his) pulled the dog. However, they need to find a new home for the dog.

I am waiting for more details.

Until I have more information, let me know if you can help with fostering or adoption, and I'll keep in touch with the person who contacted me.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Texas Panhandle - DS Needs Help

Post by borellar15 »

Michael I am in Texas. Not the panhandle area but I’m in Austin and know lots of dog people in Texas. May be able to help depending on the details of the dog. Need to know if it has good prey drive good food drive? How old male or female? Any behavioral problems?
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

This was the response when I asked for more information...
I don't live with the dog , but will try and get more info . I am pretty sure he prob has good prey , catches mice ? And good food , he is protective of food and when in a crate.He is probably around 5 , was pulled from a kill shelter at about 5 months or so . He does try to be dominate and take over , so needs someone able to handle him. He has been allowed to sleep on the bed , owner is somewhat compromised , so has prob not had the best leader ship.

Owner in hosp , may not come out of it well , has emyphesema , sorry cant spell . 2 masses in lungs , pneumonia , is septic , has leg infection . at this point he is not ready to give up this dog , but I see it coming
Family says they are scared of dog , and cannot go in house
It doesn't seem all that positive for the owner or the dog.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

centrop67 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:34 am
It doesn't seem all that positive for the owner or the dog.
No it doesn’t. Well keep us posted if the dog becomes available. Obviously pictures and videos would help as well. If it becomes available I’ll share amongst my dog people in Texas if there is enough info to go on. They’ll probably need more to make a drive like that as Texas is pretty big.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas