Dutch Mix?

Wondering if that new friend you just brought home is a Dutch Shepherd? Post here.
Forum rules
Please read the first post: "Forum Rules and FAQ"
New2Dutch
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I got a new buddy

Dutch Mix?

Post by New2Dutch »

IMG_74631.jpg
IMG_74631.jpg (75.48 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
He's only about 20lbs and he's just finished losing all his front teeth so we think he's about 4-5 months. I thought he was a little small to be full Dutch but couldn't figure what he's mixed with because he's small, has a spotted tongue, and his tail curls at a perfect hook.
New2Dutch
Just Whelped

Re: Dutch Mix?

Post by New2Dutch »

He's also quite short, as far as Dutch's go, from what I've read and seen online. His little legs are pretty short. He was a parvo puppy so I don't know if that's stunted his growth in some way or another.
emsanders
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a work from home graphic artist with three dogs. I like hiking and water sports, and would like to get into protection sports in the future.

Post by emsanders »

He looks like some type of bully mix, I don't really see shepherd in him :)
Sky - Shepherd Mix | Echo - Bully Shepherd Mix | Riley - Pomeranian
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

nope, Pitt bull mix
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
New2Dutch
Just Whelped

Post by New2Dutch »

Really? None at all? I can't even find other dogs that look like him and here he is with my pit and I don't feel like their faces are that similar.
Attachments
EFFECTS.jpg
EFFECTS.jpg (654.06 KiB) Viewed 3749 times
emsanders
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm a work from home graphic artist with three dogs. I like hiking and water sports, and would like to get into protection sports in the future.

Post by emsanders »

Definitely a bully mix. It's hard to ID on visuals alone, but your pup's head shape and build are definitely bully.
Sky - Shepherd Mix | Echo - Bully Shepherd Mix | Riley - Pomeranian
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

when it comes to Pitt, there are so many variations of the head, there is not just ONE head shape. I had a Pitt rottweiler mix and she really didn't have the pitt head either. I really dont thing she is a dS mix. Pitt have brindle too.
ImageImage
New2Dutch
Just Whelped

Post by New2Dutch »

Well I've grown up with random pitty mutts my whole life and he doesn't look anything like the other 13 I've had. I thought I would ask because my vet said she thought he was DS mixed with a smaller terrier dog and I thought y'all might be able to help, but I suppose not.

Welp, thank a trillion.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

New2Dutch wrote: ↑Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:33 pm I thought y'all might be able to help, but I suppose not.

Welp, thank a trillion.
I dont understand, how did we not help?
ImageImage
ralbucks
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: new puppy owner

Post by ralbucks »

Maybe when he grows a little more it will be clearer what he is